Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
This cheesy spinach artichoke dip might be the best plant-based appetizer recipe of all time. It’s creamy, cheesy, warm and absolutely delicious. Perfect for parties or a tasty homemade appetizer. This cheesy spinach artichoke dip recipe is beyond good and easy to make.
About this recipe
What I love about this spinach artichoke dip recipe is that it is the perfect size for two to three people to share without completely overdoing it. I enjoyed my dip with tortilla chips, but you can also use toasted bread cubes, celery sticks or carrot chips as well. Trust me, you are in for the best vegan spinach artichoke dip of all time.
For this appetizer recipe, I used fresh spinach and cooked it down in a pan with sliced garlic. I really loved having the fresh spinach vs. frozen but frozen will work too. Just make sure the frozen spinach isn’t too wet.
Also, I suggest using marinated Reese brand artichokes in this dip recipe. These artichokes are ready to eat and are more flavorful than canned. Canned artichokes can be soggy and salty at times, so just be careful when using them. Another tip, is to use whole artichoke hearts and slice them in half. There is nothing better than scooping up a large piece of artichoke in each cheesy bite.
As a final note, I encourage you to use the same vegan brands I used in this recipe. Each vegan brand has their own distinct flavor and texture and this combo is so tasty.
Store any leftover dip covered in the refrigerator for four to five days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, sliced vegetables or my two ingredient tofu crackers for the ultimate vegan experience.
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup cooked baby spinach, sautéed
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, Vegenaise original
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, Violife, plus extra as garnish
- 9-10 ounces jarred marinated whole artichoke hearts, Reese Brand, drained and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 ounces cream cheese, Kite Hill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese , Daiya brand
- 6 inch round baking dish
- mixing bowl
- saute pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a medium sauté pan and gently spray it with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, wilt your fresh spinach until you have 1 cup of cooked spinach. Add the sliced garlic into the pan with the spinach. You do not want the garlic to brown, just slightly warm it with the spinach.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wilted spinach and garlic, nutritional yeast, Vegenaise mayo, Violife shredded parmesan, Kite Hill cream cheese, salt, and sliced artichoke halves. Gently mix until everything is well combined.
- Next, spray a small 6-inch round pan with cooking spray. Add the cheesy spinach and artichoke mixture.
- Top with grated parmesan and vegan mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and broil for 2-3 minutes to get a slight crisp on the top.
- Serve and enjoy!