This spinach and artichoke dip might be the best plant-based recipe of all time. It’s creamy, cheesy, warm and absolutely delicious. Perfect for parties or a tasty happy hour at home. This dip is beyond good and easy to make.
What I love about this dip is that it is the perfect size for two people to share without completely overdoing it. I enjoyed my dip with tortilla chips, but you can also use, toasted bread cubes, celery sticks or carrot chips as well. TRUST ME, no matter what you dip in it, you are in for THE BEST vegan spinach dip of all time. Yep, said it!
** For this recipe I used fresh spinach and cooked it down in a pan with my sliced garlic. I really loved having the fresh spinach vs. frozen BUT frozen will work too.
Also, I used jarred marinated Reese brand artichokes. These artichokes are ready to eat and have a lot more flavor than canned. I feel like canned can be soggier than jarred and not as flavorful. Also, I got the whole hearts and sliced them in halves. I really like the big hunks of artichoke in my dip! It’s like finding a hidden treasure.
As a final note, I encourage you to use the same vegan brands I used in this recipe. Each vegan brand has their own distinct flavor / texture and this combo is so tasty!
Plant Based Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 6 inch round baking dish
- mixing bowl
- saute pan
- 1 cup cooked fresh spinach
- 1 medium glove garlic sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise Vegenaise original
- 1/4 cup parmesan – I shredded it using my grater. I had slightly more than ¼ cup but used it all. Violife
- 9-10 ounces jarred marinated whole artichoke hearts sliced in halves Reese Brand
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 ounces cream cheese Kite Hill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sprinkle mozzarella Daiya
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a medium sauté pan and gently spray it with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, wilt your fresh spinach until you have 1 cup of cooked spinach. Add the sliced garlic into the pan with the spinach. This allows the aroma and flavor to come out of garlic. You do not want the garlic to brown, just slightly warm it with the spinach.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wilted spinach and garlic, nutritional yeast, Vegenaise mayo, Violife shredded parmesan, Kite Hill cream cheese, salt, sliced artichoke halves. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Gently spray a small 6-inch round pan with cooking spray. Add the spinach artichoke mixture.
- Top with a little more grated parmesan and a sprinkle of vegan mozzarella.
- Bake covered at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove foil and broil for 2-3 minutes to get a slight crisp on the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!