Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
Tender, moist and topped with melty mozzarella cheese, this mini chicken parmesan meatloaf recipe is out of this world tasty. Serve with a side of pasta and your favorite red sauce for the ultimate dinner. To keep things lower carb, skip the pasta and try a side of garlic green beans. No matter what, this chicken parmesan meatloaf recipe is bound to be a hit with your family. Perfect for weeknight dinner when you need a healthy meal, fast.
About this recipe
Recipes like this chicken parmesan meatloaf take me back to my childhood. We would always experiment with different ingredients and cooking techniques. I can remember my Mom always saying, “you don’t have to like something, but you have to try it!” I still stick by that mantra to this day!
However, this chicken parmesan meatloaf recipe is all of the classics rolled (literally) into one. If classic beef meatloaf and traditional chicken parmesan had a love child, this would be it. This recipe is cheesy, tender, and packed with flavor. What more can you want from a meatloaf?
For this recipe, I used ground chicken instead of beef. The ground chicken keeps this recipe on the lighter side, but does not sacrifice any flavor. Stuffed with mozzarella cheese, you’re guaranteed to get a cheesy, juicy bite of meatloaf every time.
Once the meatloaves are fully cooked through, add an extra sprinkle of mozzarella and broil both meatloaves until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. This recipe makes 4 light dinner servings or 2 larger dinner servings. The nutritional information includes the chicken meatloaf, mozzarella cheese, and red sauce. Please see the nutritional information below.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Looking for more chicken recipes? Try my Greek chicken meatballs with tzatziki sauce. Another delicious chicken recipe is my roasted chicken with creamy spinach and artichokes. Both make great weeknight meals.
Chicken Parmesan Mini Meatloaves
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
Sauce, Cheese and Spices:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups red sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped small
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 9×5 baking dish
- sauce pot
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently spray a 9×5-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, milk, Italian breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and salt & pepper.
- Mix well using your hands but do not overwork the chicken mixture.
- Once well combined, form the chicken mixture into two large loaves.
- Form a small pocket in the center of each loaf and add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Reshape the meat to completely submerge the cheese inside the center of the loaf. Repeat for both.
- Grab your prepared baking dish and add a thin coating of the Delallo Foods tomato basil sauce to the bottom of the baking dish. About 1-2 ladels.
- Place the loaves on top of the sauce and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees or until the chicken loaves are fully cooked through. You'll want an internal temperature fo 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked through, remove the foil and add some shredded mozzarella on top of both loaves, broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese get a little brown and bubbly.
- Serve with pasta or veggies. Enjoy!