Too hot for the oven? I’ve got you covered! This Tajin watermelon and whipped feta salad is the perfect Summer recipe. The juicy watermelon tastes amazing with the Tajin spice blend, seasonal veggies and whipped feta cheese.
If you’re not familiar with Tajin spice, it’s a combination of chili peppers, salt and dehydrated lime juice. The spice level is mild, but the flavor is incredible. Pair this with the tangy whipped feta cheese and the seasonal Summer veggies and this salad is a totally satisfying.
I love this Tajin watermelon and whipped feta salad recipe because it’s light, delicious and easy to make. Perfect for those days when you need a satisfying meal without having to use the oven. Additionally, I cut the watermelon into rectangles to give it more of a watermelon “steak” feel. Layered with loads of tasty toppings, this salad will quickly become a family favorite.
Enjoy some of my homemade chocolate NICE cream for dessert. This is another great way to stay cool during the hot Summer months.
Tajin Watermelon and Whipped Feta Salad
- food processor
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 lime sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin
- 2 ears sweet corn grilled and removed from the cobb
- 1 tablespoon Tajin spice add to your liking
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small English cucumber sliced thin
- ½ avocado sliced thin and removed from the skin
- Scallions for garnish
- Chopped cilantro – optional
- Slice the ends off of the watermelon and set it upright.
- Carefully slice the rind off.
- Cut the watermelon into thirds.
- Slice the third into evenly sized rectangles. Set aside.
- Next, you will grill your corn and remove the kernels from the cobb. Set aside.
- Then, you will prepare the whipped feta. In a food processor add the feta cheese and whipped cream cheese. Blend for 4-5 minutes until creamy and smooth, no lumps. Set aside.
- Slice your cucumber, lime, and jalapeno in thin slices. Set aside.
Assemble the dish:
- Grab a serving platter and spread about 2/3 of the whipped feta on the bottom of the platter.
- Next, you’ll add the watermelon rectangles.
- Drizzle the watermelon with the olive oil.
- Next, you’ll begin to layer the cucumber, jalapeno and lime slices, making sure to spread them across the entire platter.
- Add the remaining whipped feta to the dish. I used a spoon to make small dollops over the veggies.
- Top everything with the corn kernels, sliced avocado, and chopped fresh scallions.
- Sprinkle the tajin spice over the entire dish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!