Made with simple, organic ingredients this Healthyish Sweet Potato Mug Cake is ready in minutes! It is the perfect dessert recipe for when the craving strikes or when you need a few minutes to yourself.
And if you’re are feeling generous, this is a great recipe for Valentine’s day. Especially for people who do not like really sweet desserts. The raw pecans and dark chocolate chips give this Healthyish mug cake the perfect sweet / savory balance. This recipe is easy to make and quick to bake! Does it really get better than that?
What You’ll Need
1/3 cup smashed sweet potato
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon melted unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons 2% milk
1 pouch of Healthyish Bright White Cake mix
1 pouch of raw pecans
1 pouch of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a mug and spray it with baking spray.
- Add the butter to the mug and melt it in the microwave for 5 -10 seconds.
- Add in your Healthyish Bright White Cake Mix.
- Add in the 2% milk. Blend well. I used a fork to blend everything together but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Stir in the cinnamon and the smashed sweet potato. Mix well. I cooked my sweet potato in the microwave until it was soft all the way through. Then I allowed it too completely cool off before slicing it down and smashing it. Be sure to measure out 1/3 cup.
- Stir in half of the raw pecans from your baking kit. (save the other half for the top, once its finished baking)
- Bake in the microwave for roughly 1 minute.
Top your mug cake with the rest of the raw pecans and sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top. Finish with powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish!
Which means they’ll be lighter on calories. Include healthy, clean ingredients, AND super easy to make. I will also be sharing some fitness tips and self-care practices for beginners.
So, let’s get started!