Sweet Potato Hash Browns
These sweet potato hash browns are perfect for breakfast or dinner. They are so tasty and versatile you can enjoy them a variety of ways. For example, you can enjoy them plain with a side of eggs. Or you can enjoy them topped with your favorite protein for a dinner twist. What’s great, is that this sweet potato hash brown recipe can be made in under 30 minutes on your stovetop.
I had made so many of these tasty taters, that I was able to enjoy them for breakfast and dinner. For dinner, I added beautifully seared Scottish salmon filets to the hash, along with a small simple salad. Another option, would be to add crispy tofu or tempeh for a totally vegan twist.
Plant Based Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 2 tablespoons plant-based butter – I use Earth Balance brand
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic , minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes – I used one purple and one white. , The white potatoes have a milder taste than the traditional orange but anything you have will do!
- 1 large yellow or white onion , 1 cup diced
- ¾ cup sliced brussel sprouts, shaved into think slices
- salt and pepper
- crispy tofu
- plant based sausage
- poached eggs
- seared salmon
- saute pan
- Grab a large sauté pan and add the butter and olive oil. Simmer over medium heat.
- Add your minced garlic and let it begin to sweat.
- Dice the sweet potatoes into evenly-sized pieces. Add them to the pan with the browned garlic, season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Next, you’ll dice onion and brussel sprouts. Add them to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the hash has a nice light brown sear and the veggies are fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy!