Looking for a baking activity to keep your mini’s busy? Look no further, these mini watermelon cakes are sure to be a huge hit! They’re cute, colorful, and delicious. As an added bonus, your kids will be eating extra veggies without giving you a hard time!
So, let’s get started!
What you’ll need: Makes 4 Mini Watermelon Cakes
- 1 Healthyish sweet beet baking kit
- 1 Healthyish vanilla bean baking kit
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted room temperature butter
- 8 tablespoons of 2% milk
- 1 pouch of color kitchens natural green food dye
- a few chocolate sprinkles to imitate seeds!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grab 2 sweet beet cake mix pouches and 2 vanilla bean cake mix pouches out from your organic baking kits
- Grab 2 small mixing bowls, and add the cake mix into the bowls. One bowl for sweet beet and one for vanilla bean
- Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter into each of the bowls
- Add in 4 tablespoons of 2% milk into each of the bowls and whisk well
- Add in about half of the color kitchen green coloring to the vanilla bean cake batter
- Next, you will grab 4 biodegradable baking cups out from your Healthyish baking kits and lightly spray them with cooking spray
- Evenly divide the batter amongst the four baking cups
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes – once fully baked, allow your cakes to cool
- Once the cakes are cool you will grab a small circular cookie cutter and cut the center out of all four mini cakes
- You will take the round portion from the sweet beet cake and gently insert it into the outer portion of the “green” cake
- Cut a small slit in the side of your organic frosting pouch – gently squeeze the frosting between the rind and the sweet beet cake
- Squeeze 1 – 2 drops of beet juice into the rest of the frosting – use for the sweet beet cake to create the middle the watermelon
- Finally, you will top the mini watermelon cakes with chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles to give the effect of watermelon seeds
Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.