Slightly Slutty Brownies
This slutty brownie recipe checks all the boxes. Layers of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo’s, and brownie batter baked to perfection. This easy dessert recipe is the ultimate indulgence. I can guarantee these slutty brownies will not last long.
About these Slutty Brownies
I first came across this recipe when searching popular recipes by amazing food bloggers. Turns out, this slutty brownie recipe is one of Gaby Dalkin’s (from What’s Gaby Cooking) most trafficked recipes. As a result, I wanted to recreate my own Healthyish version for you all to enjoy.
After multiple rounds of testing, I finally got the formula just right. Please check out my important tips and tricks below, so you get the perfect slutty brownies.
Tips and Tricks
Be sure to use an 8×8-inch non-stick, quick release metal baking pan. I’ve discovered that the metal baking pan cooks the brownies more quickly than other pans.
Line the pan with parchment paper and give it a quick spray with non-stick baking spray. This allows for easy lifting once the brownies have cooled.
For the perfect texture, you’ll need to let these brownies rest for 1-2 hours after baking. They need to completely cool inside, otherwise they’ll be hard to cut.
When prepping the cookie dough, be sure to use cold butter. The cold butter results in a better-quality cookie base.
Also, when mixing the brownie batter, do not worry that it is too thick. It is meant to be very sticky.
For the brownie batter, I used a combination of the unsweetened cocoa powder and King Arthur’s Dutch black cocoa powder. The addition of Dutch black cocoa powder gives these brownies their rich dark color and perfect chocolatey flavor. I highly suggest grabbing some if you’re going to make this recipe. It really takes these brownies to the next level. If you do not have any, you can use ¼ cup dark chocolate chips instead.
Option to use any type of Oreo. I like the Oreo thins but regular or chocolate stuffed would work well too.
Store any leftover brownies covered on the counter for three to four days. Option to freeze these brownies as well. Simply cut them into squares and add them to a freezer safe, airtight bag. Separate them with a few pieces of parchment paper to prevent them from freezing together. Thaw at room temperature.
Looking for more chocolate recipes?
Slightly Slutty Brownies
- ½ cup salted butter, 1 stick – cold, cut into slices
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 Oreo thins, left whole
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, or canola oil
- 1.5 tablespoons water, or 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Dutch black cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup AP flour, all purpose
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8×8-inch non-stick metal pan
- stand mixer
- 2 mixing bowls
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8×8-inch non-stick metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use an electric stand mixer and combine the cold butter slices with the brown sugar and cane sugar.
- Add the egg and mix again. Be sure to scrape the sides.
- Add the AP flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Once the cookie dough is formed, use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Set dough aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, prepare the brownie batter.
- Combine the cane sugar, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch black cocoa powder, AP flour, and salt. Whisk well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg, vegetable oil, water, and vanilla. Give it a gentle whisk.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together. Whisk until the brownie batter forms. It wil be tight, don’t worry.
Assemble the recipe
- Add the cookie dough to the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Using your hands press the dough until it is evenly spread across the bottom.
- Next, add 16 Oreo thins. One layer 4×4 will work perfectly.
- Finally, add the brownie batter on top of everything and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out "almost" clean. Option to bake for 3-5 additional minutes for a less gooey brownie.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing.
One Comment on “Slightly Slutty Brownies”
These look amazing! Think I will make them for the holiday weekend to leave out on a pretty tray for people to grab and go when they have a craving for an extra sweet. Can see adults and kids all loving them.