One of my favorite breakfast cake recipes has always been coffee cake. It’s moist, crumbly, and loaded with cinnamon flavor. And when you make it the Healthyish Foods’ way, you’ll be able to sensibly indulge in a healthier, yet delicious mini treat.
This recipe is quick and simple and our “just right size” approach will stop you from sliding completely off there rails. To make it even lighter, try using our Skinny cake mix.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serves 2 – 4
2 pouches organic skinny cake mix
2.5 tablespoons lightly melted butter
4 tablespoons of 2% organic milk
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 pouch of raw pecans
2 biodegradable, paper baking cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl add together your organic skinny cake mix, 2 tablespoons of lightly melted butter, and 4 tablespoons of milk. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining melted butter, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Gently fold the brown sugar mixture into the skinny cake batter.
- Grab 2 biodegradable, paper baking cups from your Healthyish baking kit and spray them with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the two paper baking cups.
- Top with crushed raw pecans from your Healthyish baking kit. (optional)
- Bake in the oven for 12- 13 minutes or until the center of the coffee cakes are completely cooked through.
Pour yourself a hot cup off coffee, grab a good book and enjoy your perfectly portioned skinny coffee cake!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.