The BEST Simple Salad
Looking for a simple salad recipe that’s healthy and delicious? I’ve got you covered. This simple salad recipe has been one of my go-tos for the past few years. Loaded with greens, fresh herbs and a very light and delicious dressing, this recipe is hard to beat.
Perfect for nights when you want something easy to make and healthy. This recipe is also perfect for dinner parties when you need something simple yet delicious.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can enjoy it with almost anything. It’s perfect as a side with pasta or add protein and you have a heartier meal. I like to add grilled salmon or chicken to mine. However, crispy tofu would taste amazing as well.
- 1 head butter lettuce – washed and chopped into medium sized pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce – washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Fresh chives, to taste
- Fresh peas shoots, to taste
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- juice from 1 lemon – about 2 tablespoons
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 mixing bowls
Prepare the dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- For a sweeter dressing try adding in a touch of honey.
Prepare the salad:
- Add the washed, dried and chopped butter lettuce and romaine lettuce into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, you’ll roughly chop your parsley and dill. Add it to the bowl with the lettuce.
- Finely chop your chives into small pieces. Add them to the bowl as well. Toss everything together.
- Next, sprinkle a handful of pea shoots over the top of the salad.
- Finish with freshly shaved parmesan and a light drizzle of homemade lemon dressing.
- Serve immediately after adding the dressing.