Simple Fried Rice
This simple fried rice recipe is so versatile you can add just about any protein for a delicious, easy dinner! Perfect for those days when you have a lot of leftover chicken or pork in the frig, but don’t know what to do with it. Simply add it to this fried rice recipe! Loaded with flavor, and simple to make your entire family will be coming back for more.
I love this simple fried rice recipe so much because you can really customize it. Add chicken, shrimp, pork or tofu and you’re in for a delicious meal. I like to add a little sriracha and cilantro on top of mine, but you can skip that step if you do not like spice. This dish tastes great no matter what, and comes together in under 30 minutes.
For more quick dinner recipes try my chicken and broccoli stir fry or my crispy tofu with green beans and balsamic soy sauce.
Simple Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 + ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 cup cauliflower pearls
- 12 ounces cooked rice – I used 3 minute rice cups
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon ponzu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-4 eggs depending on size
- Salt and pepper
- saute pan
- In a large sauté pan with sides, add the butter and sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the butter and oil, and let it begin to lightly brown.
- Next, you’ll add the diced onions, and cauliflower pearls and let them begin to sweat.
- Once they are soft and slightly translucent, you’ll add the cooked rice and frozen peas. Stir until well combined.
- Season everything with some salt and pepper.
- Next, you’ll add the soy sauce and ponzu sauce. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs until they are well beaten.
- Push all of the rice to one side of the pan, and gently pour in the whisked eggs.
- Once the eggs begin to set, gently stir them until they form a soft scramble.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, fold them into the rice.
- Top with fresh cut scallions and serve immediately!