This dish is light, healthy and delicious. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a tasty lunch the next day.
For a Healthyish low carb twist, try substituting cauliflower rice for regular rice.
Shredded Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
- 2 skillets
- baking tray
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 pepper
- 1 medium sized onion
- 8 ounces of mushroom
- ¼ cup white win
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- Lawry’s season salt and pepper
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, diced onion and thyme into the pan. Let the mushrooms and onions brown. Once they get a good brown color, deglaze the pan with white wine and chicken broth. Be sure to scrape all of the tasty bits off of the bottom of the pan. Season with pepper and a ½ teaspoon of Lawry’s season salt. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, pan roast your chicken. Once fully cooked, gently shred the chicken using two forks pulling the chicken into shreds. Once all of the chicken is shredded, combine it with the mushroom and onion mixture. Stir well.
- Slice your peppers in half and take out all of the seed. Grab a baking tray and gently spray it with cooking spray. Place the pepper halves on the tray and broil for 3 minutes or until the skin gets a little crispy. Next, you will generously fill the peppers with the chicken mushroom mixture. Top with a slice of provolone and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese gets lightly brown.
- Serve over a bed of rice or cauliflower rice. ENJOY!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!