This Healthyish Brand, Sesame Honey Roasted Chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner for two. The honey, garlic, and soy sauce give this whole roasted chicken a delicious sweet, savory balance. And after a few rounds of basting, this chicken is perfectly crispy and sticky all over.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serves 2
1 whole chicken (remove giblets)
¾ cup honey
¾ cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of garlic paste
1.5 cups chicken stock
3 chopped green onions
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
handful of chopped fresh parsley
- First you will want to prepare and marinate your chicken.
- Remove it from the bag and rinse it well under cold water. Be sure to remove the bag of giblets from the inside.
- Butterfly your chicken so it lays nice and flat.
- Lightly salt the chicken with kosher salt. We don’t want to over salt the chicken because the soy sauce has salt in it too, and too much salt will overpower the dish.
- Grab a baking dish and set the salted chicken inside.
- Next, you are going to prepare your marinade.
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine the following, soy sauce, garlic paste, honey, and sesame oil. Whisk everything together.
- Pour ¾ of this marinade over the salted chicken. Save the last quarter of this sauce for basting. Use your hands to make sure the marinade completely covers the chicken.
- Top with some chopped parsley and tightly seal the baking dish with saran wrap.
- This will need to marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Flip the chicken over after 12 hours to ensure that each side get plenty of time to sit in the marinade.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- After 24 hours has passed and your chicken is well marinated, you are going to grab a baking sheet (with a lip) and line it with parchment paper.
- Take the chicken out of the baking dish and place it skin side up on the parchment paper.
- Pour the marinade that is in the baking dish all over the chicken.
- You are also going to pour 1 cup of chicken stock onto the baking sheet as well.
- Put the chicken in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes pull the chicken out of the oven and baste it with the pan drippings.
- You are then going to take the remaining ¼ cup of marinade and mix in the sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Use this extra marinade with sesame seeds and green onion as additional basting sauce.
- Next, you are going to pour the last ½ cup of chicken stock onto the pan as well.
- Place the chicken back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes baste the chicken again only using the sauce that is on the pan.
- After your chicken has roasted for an hour or 60 minutes it should be ready to take out of the oven.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes and transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Be sure to spoon on the extra pan sauce before serving.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.