I try to make light and tasty meals the week after Thanksgiving. It’s an effort to offset the copious amounts of pumpkin pie, stuffing, and gravy I consumed the week prior. And these low carb, 4 ingredient Scottish Salmon Burgers are super healthy and easy to make.
So, let’s get started!
What you’ll Need: Makes 2 Burgers
- .5 lb. of fresh Scottish Salmon
- 1 tablespoon of Dejon mustard (or similar)
- ¼ or a small white onion
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Yogurt Sauce – Optional but recommended
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- Juice from ½ a medium sized lemon
- Fresh parsley chopped
Combine ingredients together and add a dollop to the top of your cooked salmon burgers
- Grab your Cuisinart and a small mixing bowl.
- First, you will want to de-skin and de-bone your salmon filet.
- Next, you’ll cube the salmon into medium sized pieces. Set aside.
- Evenly dice your white onion into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add the salmon pieces into the Cuisinart along with 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- Lightly chop! Do not overdo this step or your salmon patties will taste like dense rocks.
- Remove the salmon and mustard mixture from the Cuisinart and add it to a small bowl.
- Gently fold in your diced onion and breadcrumbs.
- You can use panko breadcrumbs, but I had Italian on-hand so that’s what I used.
- Form the salmon mixture into 2 evenly sized burgers.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.