This quick egg salad is the perfect way to power through your day. It’s light, healthy and super easy to make. Serve it with toast or tortilla chips, for a light and flavorful lunch option.
**For a lower carb version, omit the toast and chips and just enjoy as is.
So, let’s get started!
What you’ll need: Serves 2
- 4 medium boiled eggs
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Handful of Italian parsley – or cilantro
- Chopped jalapeno
- Pickled red onions – grab the recipe HERE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon – optional
- First, bring water to a boil and add in 4 eggs. Cook eggs for 9 minutes so they are medium to hard boiled in the center.
- Once cooked, you will run the eggs under cold water to help reduce the temperature and stop the cooking process. Once cool, peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Next, you are going to open a can of chickpeas – rinse them and take off the outer skin. This will make your egg salad more creamy and smooth.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium sized mixing bowl. (pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any extra water)
- Next, you will want to chop a handful Italian parsley and a few slices of jalapeno add it to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Stir in a healthy amount of Healthyish pickled onion. I like to add in about 1 tablespoon of the rice vinegar mixture from the pickle onion jar. It will help soften the chickpeas and give the egg salad a ton of flavor.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon. Mix well.
- Slice your egg in half and add it to the salad. Toss everything together and enjoy.
Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!