This quick egg salad is the perfect way to power through your day. It’s light, healthy and super easy to make. I like to enjoy mine on its own for a low carb version. But you can also serve it over a piece of toast or with a handful of tortilla chips too.
So, let’s get started!
What you’ll need: Serves 2
4 medium boiled eggs
1 can of chickpeas
Handful of Italian parsley – or cilantro
Pickled red onions – grab the recipe HERE
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon – optional
- First, you are going to boil some water and add in 4 eggs. Cook them for 9 minutes so they are medium to hard boiled in the center.
- Once they are cooked, you will run them under some cold water to help cool them down. Peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Next, you are going to open a can of chickpeas – rinse them and take off the outer shell. This will make your egg salad more creamy and smooth.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium sized mixing bowl. (pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any extra water)
- Next, you will want to chop some Italian parsley, ( you can also use cilantro if you prefer) fresh jalapeno, and Healthyish pickled onion. You can add as much of these ingredients to the mixing bowl as you like. I also like to add in about 1 tablespoon of the rice vinegar mixture from the pickle onion jar. It will help soften the chickpeas and give the egg salad a ton of flavor.
- Add in the olive oil, salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon. Mix well.
- Slice down your egg and add it to the salad. Toss everything together and enjoy. *Be sure to refrigerate your leftovers.
Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to the Healthyish Foods Blog. We’re glad you’re here! The purpose of this blog is to provide you with tips and reccomendations on how to live a Healthyish life! We will also provide you with recipes and ideas on ways that you can use your DIY organic baking kits at home.