Ditch the takeout food this weekend and make this Healthyish version of Beef and Broccoli. It’s the perfect meal for a night-in and tastes amazing!
This dish is a much lighter and healthier version of traditional beef and broccoli. We’ve cut out the rice, decreased the sugar and added extra veggies. Now that’s how you make something Healthyish!
Fun fact: Red meat is a great source of iron, B12, and protein. In fact, B12 has been know to help maintain nerve and red blood cell health.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Ponzu Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons GF Flour OR 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch (Cornstarch recommended)
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- ½ teaspoon Gochujang (Korean Chili Pasta)
- 1 Cup Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 White onion
- 2-3 Cups of broccoli florets
- 1 Large red pepper
- 3 Stocks of celery diced
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- In a large mixing bowl add together the sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic paste, soy sauce, ponzu sauce, cornstarch, gochujang, and beef broth. Whisk until well blended! Set aside.
- Next you’ll clean your veggies and cut them up into evenly sized pieces. Set the cauliflower aside as we will use that for the cauliflower rice.
- In a large sauté pan (with sides) pour in your 1 cup of water and add all of your veggies over medium to high heat. Onion, broccoli, peppers, and celery. Let everything simmer until the broccoli begins to soften.
- Next, you will pour in your brown sauce. And bring everything to a light boil. The sauce will start to thicken right away.
- Then, you will want to cut your beef into ¼ inch think slices. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in oil for 4-5 minutes; remove and keep warm. I used beef tenderloin, but you can use flank steak as well!
- Once the steak has a light sear, you will add it to the sauce and veggie mixture. Stir well.
- As a final step, you will clean your cauliflower head and cut it down into small pieces. Using a Cuisinart you will chop your cauliflower up into small pieces. It will be ready to eat from there.
- Spoon some of the cauliflower rice onto your plate, top with the beef, veggies and sauce and serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here. Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish. Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners. So, let’s get started! XOXO