Pull Apart Pizza Bread
This pull apart pizza bread recipe is perfect for game day or as an easy party appetizer. Made from a few simple ingredients, this pizza bread is hard to resist. The dough is perfectly chewy, and covered with melty cheese, seasonings, and pepperoni. What’s great about this recipe, is that you can really make it your own.
For this recipe, I added sliced pepperoni but you could add veggies, sausage, or any preferred toppings. While I like dipping this pizza bread in pizza sauce, ranch or blue cheese dressing would taste amazing too.
This recipe post is sponsored by Delallo Foods. I was compensated for my time, however, all opinions are my own.
About this Pull Apart Pizza Bread Recipe
For this recipe, I used a variety of Delallo Food’s products. I am a huge fan of their high-quality, flavorful ingredients. Whether you need specialty Italian grocery items, or beautifully curated gift collections, Delallo Foods is the way to go. As a bonus, they have a full ecommerce website where you can purchase all their products online. For this recipe, I used the following ingredients.
Pizza Dough Kit – The pizza kit comes with 00 flour and yeast. You simply add water, and you have homemade pizza dough. Once you combine the flour, yeast and water, let the dough rest, covered at room temperature for 1 hour before using. You can also refrigerate the pizza dough overnight, but let it come back to room temperature before using again. Lasts for 48 hours covered and refrigerated.
Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil – This olive oil is exceptional. It has a mild herbaceous aroma with delicate green olive fruitiness.
Grated Parmesan Cheese – You can use a wedge of their parmesan and grate it or use their already grated parmesan cheese. Either one works.
Mozzarella Cheese Wedge – Freshly grate the mozzarella cheese. Reserve some for the top. Add the reserved cheese on top of everything during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Seasonings – dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley.
Sliced Pepperoni – For this recipe, I used about 3 ounces of sliced pepperoni. Be sure to cut it into smaller pieces before combining. I cut mine into fours using scissors. I also reserves a few whole slices for the top. Add the whole pepperoni on top for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Pizza Sauce – Serve this pizza bread warm with pizza sauce or marinara sauce. Ranch or blue cheese dressing would be yummy too.
Italian Parsley – Garnish this dish with some freshly chopped Italian parsley. Option to add red pepper flakes and extra parmesan cheese.
Tips and Tricks
Prepare the dough according to the package. Dust your work surface with flour. Roll the dough into small balls. Simply pinch a piece of the dough off and form a loose ball. They will be slightly smaller than a golf ball. I was able to get about 50 balls for my recipe.
Be sure to spray your springform pan with non-stick baking spray. If you do not have a springform pan, you can use a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cooking time may vary.
Heat the pizza sauce in a small saucepan while the pizza bread bakes. Option to broil the pizza bread for 1-2 minutes to get it extra crispy on top.
Store this dish covered in the refrigerator for three days. Reheat in the microwave in a microwave safe dish until its heated through. This recipe serves 8 people about 6 pieces. Please see nutritional information below.
Looking for more recipes?
Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- 1 Pizza Dough Kit, Delallo Foods
- ¼ cup Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella, reserve some for the top
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni, cut into small pieces reserve about 12 whole slices for the top
- 14 ounces pizza sauce, 1 jar heated for dipping
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, garnish
- 10.5-inch spring form pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- plastic wrap to cover the dough while it rests
- scissors to cut pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10.5-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray set it aside.
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the package.
- Once the dough has rested, dust your work surface with a touch of flour.
- Roll the dough into small balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball. I was able to get about 50 balls from one kit.
- Add the rolled dough balls to a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings. Toss well.
- Next add the pepperoni, parmesan cheese, and almost all the mozzarella cheese. Reserve some for the top. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Pour the prepared dough balls into the pan. Spread them out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Add the remaining mozzarella cheese and whole pepperoni slices on top. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until it is cooked through. If not fully cooked through, add 5 minutes.
- Option to broil for 1-2 minutes to get the cheese extra bubbly.
- Heat the pizza sauce in a small saucepan while the pizza bread bakes.
- Top with fresh parsley, and serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.