Strawberry Banana NICE Cream
Cool off with this homemade strawberry banana NICE cream. It’s smooth, creamy and completely dairy free! Made from a few simple ingredients, this recipe is the perfect way to beat the heat of summer.
About this recipe
For a Healthyish twist, I added some crushed animal crackers. They added a little extra texture and flavor to the recipe. Including the animal crackers almost made it like a strawberry shortcake ice cream, which is always a tasty combo.
You simply crush the crackers and add them to a skillet with 1 tablespoon of vegan butter. I use Earth Balance brand. The vegan butter helps soften the crushed cookie pieces to the perfect consistency. Otherwise, they would be too crunchy.
When you are ready to enjoy this strawberry banana nice cream, be sure to remove it from the freezer and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes before scooping. This will allow it some time to soften and it will not be too hard to scoop. Serve this nice cream in a bowl or on a cone for the ultimate summer treat.
Plant-Based Strawberry Banana NICE Cream
- 5 medium frozen bananas , peel and slice the bananas before freezing
- 2.5 cups sliced fresh strawberries , reserve a 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries to fold into the nice cream for texture.
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 small can coconut milk , 5.5 ounces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed animal crackers
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- food processor
- loaf pan – 9×5
Prepare the animal crackers:
- Add the animal crackers to a Ziplock bag and crush them into small pieces.
- In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoon vegan butter. Add the crushed animal crackers into the skillet. Gently toss the crushed cookie until it absorbs the butter. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Prepare the NICE cream:
- Add the frozen bananas, 2 cups of sliced strawberries, almond milk, maple syrup, salt and coconut milk into a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, no lumps.
- In a 9×5 metal loaf pan, pour half of the strawberry mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle some of soft animal crackers in the center along with 1/4 cup of the reserved chopped strawberries.
- Pour the rest of the strawberry mixture over the crushed cookie and strawberry filling.
- Top the dish with the remaining cookie pieces and chopped strawberries. Cover with foil and freeze for 4-5 hours or until fully frozen.
- When ready to serve, remove the pan from the freezer and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before scooping.