Start your day with this delicious plant-based carrot turmeric ginger smoothie. Its’ creamy, flavorful and packed with nutrients our bodies crave.
I love this recipe because it is loaded with tasty fruits and veggies. It’s the perfect balance of savory and sweet. The ginger and turmeric give this smoothie an earthy taste that really goes great with the carrots and banana. Plus, the plant-based protein powder and flax meal fill you up and keep you energized all morning long.
What makes it Healthyish?
This immune boosting smoothie is loaded with ginger, carrots, and turmeric. All of which are known to support our bodies immune system and help fight inflammation! Check out the details below.
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, making it a great addition to your diet. Lowering inflammation in the body can help ease pain associated with arthritis and other painful joint issues. (1)
Ginger can help fight infection. Gingerol is a bioactive compound naturally found in fresh ginger. Some studies suggest that Gingerol can lower the risk of infection and fight certain types of bad bacteria. Battling bad bacteria in the body supports proper immune function. (2)
Carrots are a great source of plant compounds like beta carotene. Beta carotene coverts to vitamin A within our bodies. Vitamin A supports healthy immune function and promotes healthy vision. (3)
So, let’s get this recipe started!
Carrot Turmeric Ginger Smoothie
- 1 banana option to use frozen or room temp
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric can sub cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup carrots – I used baby carrots because that what I had on-hand
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup oat milk or any dairy free milk you prefer
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop of plant fusion protein powder – optional
- If you do not use a frozen banana you can add 5-6 ice cubes instead
- Grab a blender and combine all of the ingredients.
- Option to add protein powder, but you can skip this step if you desire. I like to use Plant Fusion vanilla bean protein powder. It’s a plant protein and tastes amazing.
- Blend until all of the lumps are gone.
- Pour and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!