This plant based sweet potato hash brown recipe is so tasty and versatile. Eat it plain or top it with your favorite protein for a tasty restaurant style meal. And what’s great is that this hash can be made in under 30 minutes on your stovetop.
Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. No matter what time of the day it is, this hash is a great addition to any meal!
So, let’s get this recipe started!
Plant Based Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- saute pan
- 2 tablespoons plant-based butter – I use earth Balance
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes – I used one purple and one white. The white potatoes have a milder taste than the traditional orange but anything you have will do!
- 1 large sweet yellow onion about 1 cup diced
- ½ – ¾ cup sliced brussel sprouts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- crispy tofu
- plant based sausage
- poached eggs
- seared salmon
- Grab a large sauté pan and add the butter and olive oil. Simmer over medium heat.
- Add your sliced garlic and let it begin to brown.
- Dice the sweet potatoes into evenly sized pieces. Add them to the pan with the browned garlic, season with salt.
- Next, you’ll dice your sweet onion and brussel sprouts. Add them to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the hash has a nice light brown sear and the veggies are fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!