Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
This plant-based buffalo jackfruit dip is the perfect party appetizer. It’s spicy, creamy and easy to share. Serve it hot with sliced celery, carrots or tortilla chips. It’s so delicious your guests might not even know it is vegan. This is one of those easy to make, vegan appetizer recipes that your entire family will fall in love with.
About this recipe
This buffalo jackfruit dip recipe tastes just like a classic buffalo chicken dip but it’s completely vegan. Made from 8 simple ingredients, you’ll be able to prepare this dish in under 30 minutes. The texture, flavor and taste are so incredible you’ll never miss the meat or dairy.
When prepping the jackfruit, be sure to use the Upton Natural’s brand. It comes in a box and can be found in the refrigerated section of your grocer. I prefer using the boxed jackfruit versus the canned. Canned can be very salty and briny. However, if you only have canned jackfruit at home, use it. Just be sure to rinse it under cold water to remove the briny flavor.
Once the jackfruit has been rinsed, be sure to remove the pits. They look like large seeds in the jackfruit. Technically, you can eat them, but I prefer to remove them for this buffalo jackfruit dip recipe. Once the pits have been removed, add the jackfruit to the food processor and give it a quick chop. It should resemble canned tuna or crab meat after a quick buzz. Next, you’ll place the chopped jackfruit on a paper towel and press out all of the excess moisture. Don’t be afraid to press firmly.
Assemble the rest of this vegan appetizer recipe as directed below. This recipe makes four servings. Please see below for nutritional information.
Store any leftover dip covered in the refrigerator. It will last for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, tucked inside of a wrap or over a salad.
If you’re new to vegan recipes, give this buffalo jackfruit dip a try. You’ll be shocked by how tasty and quick it is to make. Looking for more vegan appetizers? Try my plant-based spinach artichoke dip. It’s easy to make and is perfect as a party appetizer.
Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
- 1 ¼ cup jackfruit, Upton Natural's brand; it comes in a 10 ounce box.
- ¼ cup white onion, diced small
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese, Kite Hill brand
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- food processor
- 6-inch metal baking tin
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently spray a 6-inch round metal baking container with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the jackfruit from the box and gently rinse it with water. If you use canned jackfruit it can be a little salty. Make sure you rinse it very well before using.
- Remove the pits using your hands. Place the remaining jackfruit in the food processor and give it a quick chop. This ensure that all of the pieces are the same size. It will almost look like canned tuna or flaky crab meat when you’re done. Be sure not to over chop it.
- Remove the jackfruit from the food processor and squeeze out any excess moisture using a paper towel, or kitchen towel.
- Add the shredded jackfruit to a mixing bowl.
- Add the diced small onion, red hot, ranch, vegan cream cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add the mixture to the prepared baking tin and evenly spread it out. Top with shredded vegan mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. I removed the foil and broiled mine for an extra 1-2 minutes. This helps the cheese to melt on top. If you’re not familiar with vegan cheese, heads up it never melts as much as traditional cheese.
- Serve hot and enjoy!