Healthyish Foods – The BEST Vegan Bean Dip
Spring is finally here and what better way to enjoy the warmer weather than with an amazing and flavorful vegan bean dip? This recipe is so easy to make and beyond delicious.
It tastes great as an appetizer with tortilla chips or can be added on top of crispy tofu as a delicious entrée. Either way, this dish is so versatile and satisfying that I can guarantee it will be added to your regular rotation.
What makes it Healthyish?
I’ve combined ingredients that naturally support our bodies in a healthful way. The information below demonstrates the health benefits our bodies receive when enjoying the main ingredients included in this recipe.
- Beans are notoriously packed with body nourishing protein and fiber. Perfect for healthy digestion maintenance.
- Onions (both red and white) are packed with a dietary flavonoid called, Quercetin. Quercetin is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can even relieve allergy symptoms and prevent infection.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to have a variety of healthy properties. One of which is its antimicrobial element. Studies suggest that ACV can prevent the overgrowth of bad bacteria in our bodies. Additionally, it can help fight inflammation in our gut and support healthy digestion. (For more information on ACV health benefits please click HERE.)
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get this Healthyish recipe started!
The BEST Vegan Bean Dip
- mixing bowl
- airtight storage container
- fresh cilantro
- fresh squeezed lime
- In a large mixing bowl combine the apple cider vinegar, canola oil, and sugar. Whisk well until the sugar dissolves.
- Dice your onion, jalapeño and pepper. Add all ingredients including black beans and chickpeas into the liquid mixture. Gently stir making sure to evenly coat all of the beans and veggies in the marinade.
- Best if refrigerated and stored in an airtight container for 12 hours before serving. This allows the beans to soften and absorb all of the delicious flavors.
- Be sure to use a slotted spoon when serving to drain off any extra marinade. Will last 4-5 days refrigerated in an airtight container.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!