Fuel your day with this creamy avocado spinach smoothie bowl. This smoothie bowl is packed with mood boosting fruits and vegetables that will jump start your system!
Personally, I love starting my day with this smoothie bowl. It’s delicious, packed with nutrients and only takes ten minutes to prepare. Perfect for mornings when I need something quickly. Additionally, this smoothie bowl will leave you completely satisfied and ready to take on the day!
What makes it Healthyish?
Spinach is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. It also is one of the best sources (among onions) for the plant flavonoid quercetin. Quercetin helps fight inflammation and is known to ward of infection. (1)
Avocados are a nutrient dense fruit! Aside from being creamy and delicious, they provide fat soluble vitamins, minerals and nutrients that our cells need to thrive. They are also known to help lower depression. (2)
So, let’s get this recipe started!
Creamy Avocado Spinach Bowl
- 1 small avocado
- handful of spinach
- fistful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup oat milk or any dairy free milk you prefer
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- juice from 1/2 ripe lemon
- 5-6 ice cubes to chill the smoothie
- Grab a blender and add in all of the ingredients listed.
- Buzz everything together on high until the smoothie is creamy and free from any lumps.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!