Pizza Pasta Salad
Pasta salad but make it pizza! This pizza pasta salad is perfect for summer and so fun to eat. Loaded with delicious pizza toppings, tangy red wine vinaigrette and tender pasta, you’re going to want to make this pasta salad recipe on repeat this summer. Plus, this entire recipe only take 40 minutes to prepare. So, you can pull this dish together very quickly.
About this recipe
For this pizza pasta salad recipe, I made crispy prosciutto twists. Simply spray a baking tray with nonstick cooking spray and place the twisted prosciutto slices on the tray. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the prosciutto is extra crispy. Let the prosciutto completely cool before adding it to your pasta salad. You can crumble the crispy prosciutto on top, but I think the twists are fun to eat.
As far as cheese goes, I added creamy burrata to this recipe. However, shredded or cubed mozzarella cheese would work well too. Another option, is cubed provolone cheese if you’d prefer something with more flavor. However, the creamy burrata tastes so good with the tangy red wine vinaigrette and crispy prosciutto.
As far as the pasta cut goes, I used Delallo Foods’ Casarecce, but their mini rigatoni, shell bow, or bowtie pasta would all work great too. Feel free to use whatever shape you prefer.
This pizza pasta salad recipe has a good amount of red wine vinaigrette on it. It’s been my experience that the pasta soaks up the dressing as it rests, so it’s best to add a little extra. However, you can add as much or as little as you like. Serve slightly chilled alongside all of your favorite cookout foods.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You cannot freeze this item. Looking for more cookout recipes? Try my baked beans or my honey mustard potato salad. Both are perfect for summer cookouts or celebrations.
Pizza Pasta Salad
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch salt and pepper
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 8-10 ounces Delallo casarecce pasta , or pasta shape of your choice
- 6 ounces whole pitted black olives , 1 can drained
- ½ cup diced shallots
- 1 ounce calabrese salami hot and spicy , about 5-6 pieces torn
- 4 ounces prosciutto, twisted and baked until crispy, makes about 9 twists
- ¾ cup mini pepperoni
- 4 ounces burrata cheese , about 2 small balls of burrata torn open
- ½ cup grated or shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley , extra as garnish
- pinch red pepper flakes
- few turns crushed black pepper
- pasta pot
- baking tray
- large mixing bowl
Prepare the crispy prosciutto twists:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Simply twist each piece of prosciutto into a long thin twist and place it on the baking tray. Repeat for all prosciutto slices. I was able to get 9 twists.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the prosciutto is crispy. Turn halfway through. Let the twists cool before adding them to the salad.
Prepare the pasta:
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta according to the package. Al dente is best. Drain off the water using a colander and set the pasta aside.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, dried oregano, Dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
Assemble the salad:
- Add the black olive to the bowl with the dressing. Crush the olives so they break open and release their briny flavor into the dressing.
- Next, add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the dressing and crushed olives. Toss well.
- Then, add the diced shallots, mini pepperoni, parmesan cheese, fresh chopped parsley, and torn calabrese salami. Toss well.
- Pour the pasta salad into a serving bowl and nestle the torn burrata on top. You can also nestle the crispy prosciutto twists in as well. Feel free to crumble the crispy prosciutto too. It's whatever you prefer.
- Finish the dish with red pepper flakes, a few turns of cracked black pepper, and extra parsley. Serve slightly chilled and enjoy.