Pimento Cheese Dip
Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer recipe? This pimento cheese dip is the perfect solution. Pimento cheese is traditionally a southern recipe. Folks perfected this dip in the south and smear it on fried green tomatoes, bread, or veggies. It’s definitely more on the “ish” side, but I can guarantee that it will be a crowd pleaser. Perfect for small gatherings, or as a weekend snack, this dip is a must-try!
For a Healthyish twist, I add some diced bread and butter pickle chips. While not traditional, the pickle chips add a little vinegar bite that tastes so good with the sweet peppers and creamy cheese. I also served mine with toast points, but veggies work great as well.
After preparing this dip, the first thing I wanted to use it on was a grilled cheese sandwich. After buttering the bread, I added a handful of arugula and a healthy dollop of the pimento cheese. Next, I seared the sandwich on both sides until golden brown. This grilled cheese was out of this world delicious. So, if you have any extra dip left over, try using it to make a grilled pimento cheese sandwich. I highly recommend it.
Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1.5 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup bread and butter pickle chips , diced small
- 4 ounce jar pimentos , drain liquid
- 1 medium jalapeno , remove seeds and veins dice small
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- food processor
- small mixing bowl
- Add the cream cheese, 2 ounces of pimentos, (reserve the other 2 ounces), mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to a food processor. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- Add the creamy mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Next, you’ll gently fold in the shredded cheddar cheese, diced jalapenos, remaining pimentos, and diced pickle chips. Fold together using a spatula.
- Serve slightly chilled with toast points, veggies, or bread.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container. You can also use leftovers to make a grilled pimento cheese sandwich.