Pimento Cheese Dip
Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer? This pimento cheese recipe is the perfect solution. Pimento cheese is traditionally a southern recipe. Folks perfected this dip in the south and smear it on fried green tomatoes, bread, or veggies. I can guarantee that this easy dip recipe will be a crowd pleaser. Perfect for small gatherings, or as a weekend snack, this homemade dip is a must-try.
About this recipe
For a Healthyish twist on this pimento cheese recipe, I add some diced bread and butter pickle chips. While not traditional, the pickle chips add a vinegary flavor that tastes so good with the sweet peppers and creamy cheese. I also served mine with toast points, but veggies work great as well.
When prepping this dip recipe, make sure that the cream cheese is softened. This will make it much easier to work with. Also, pat the pickle chips dry before dicing them. This way the cheese dip does not get watery from the pickles.
After preparing the dip, the first thing I wanted to do was make a grilled cheese sandwich. After buttering the bread, I added a handful of arugula and a healthy dollop of the pimento cheese to the sandwich. Next, I seared the sandwich on both sides until golden brown. This pimento grilled cheese was out of this world delicious. So, if you have any extra dip left over, try using it to make a pimento grilled cheese sandwich. I highly recommend it.
This recipe make six servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Serve chilled or inside of a pimento grilled cheese sandwich. You can also stuff mini sweet peppers with any leftover dip and bake them. They will taste like pimento cheese poppers. Perfect as an appetizer or tasty snack. Looking for more appetizers? Try my cheesy spinach balls, or my street corn guacamole.
Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup bread and butter pickle chips , diced small
- 4 ounce jar pimentos, drain liquid
- 1 medium jalapeno, remove seeds and veins, dice small
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- food processor
- small mixing bowl
- Add the cream cheese, 2 ounces of pimentos, (reserve the other 2 ounces), mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to a food processor. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- Add the creamy mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Next, you’ll gently fold in the shredded cheddar cheese, diced jalapeno, remaining pimentos, and diced pickle chips. Fold together using a spatula.
- Serve chilled with toast points, veggies, or bread.