This pasta salad recipe is so light and delicious you’ll want to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used tons of fresh veggies, chickpea pasta from Banza, and finished it with my favorite homemade cilantro lime dressing. Serve with grilled shrimp or chicken kabobs for a tasty and healthy dinner.
Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- pasta pot
- 8 oz Banza Rotini pasta cooked al dente
- 1 small zucchini about 1/2 cup sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 15 ounces sweet corn kernels 1 can
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes grape tomatoes will work too
- ½ small onion yellow or white will work. Dice small
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to drizzle over the cooked pasta
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice about 5 limes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ jalapeno cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds for a less spicy dressing.
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro remove the stems and pack it into the measuring cup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley remove the stems and pack it into the measuring cup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prepare the pasta and veggies:
- Bring water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the package. Al dente prefered. Once the pasta is cooked, drain off the water using a colander. Next, you’ll rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process. Finally, you will gently toss the pasta with olive oil to prevent it from sticking together. Set it aside.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Slice your zucchini about ½ inch thick slices and gently brown it in a skillet. Once the zucchini has a light sear, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Next, you’ll prepare your black beans. Drain off all liquid and gently rinse with cold water. Once all of the water is drained off, season with a touch of salt. Set aside. Next, you'll drain any liquid off of the canned corn. Season with a touch of salt and set it aside.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in halves and dice your onion into small pieces. Set aside.
Prepare the dressing:
- In a blender you’ll combine the lime juice, jalapeno, honey, Dijon mustard, cilantro, salt and parsley. Begin to blend. Next, you'll slowly pour the olive oil into the blender with the other ingredients. Be sure to taste test the dressing to make sure it is to your liking. You can add more jalapeno for heat or honey if you like it a bit sweeter.
Assemble the dish:
- In a large mixing bowl combine, the cooked rotini pasta, browned zucchini, black beans, corn, onion, and tomatoes. Pour the cilantro lime dressing on top of these ingredients until the salad is lightly coated in dressing. Gently toss everything together. Finish the salad with feta cheese and some additional fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!