This pasta salad recipe is so light and delicious you’ll want to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used tons of fresh veggies, chickpea pasta from Banza, and finished it with my favorite homemade cilantro lime dressing. Serve with grilled shrimp or chicken kabobs for a tasty and healthy dinner.
Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- pasta pot
- 8 oz of Banza Rotini pasta
- 1 small zucchini
- 15 ounces corn
- 15 ounces black beans
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- ½ small sweet onion
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice about 5 limes
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon jalapeno diced small or you can use a few slices
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro – no stems
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley – no stems
- pinch of salt
- Bring water to a boil and cook your pasta according to the package. I like my pasta a little more al-dente for pasta salad. Once the pasta is cooked, drain off the water. Next, you’ll rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking. Finally, you will gently toss the pasta with olive oil to prevent it from sticking together and set it aside.
- Slice your zucchini about ¼ inch thick slices and gently brown it in a skillet. Be sure to spray the skillet with non-stick spray before adding the zucchini. Once the zucchini has a good bit of color, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Next, you’ll prepare your corn and black beans. Drain off all liquid and gently rinse with cold water. Once all of the water is drained off, season with a touch of salt. I find that the salt helps soften the black beans and extracts any extra moisture from the corn and black beans. After all, no one wants soupy pasta salad. Set aside.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in halves and dice your onion into small pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare Dressing – while the zucchini cools, we will prepare the dressing. In a blender you’ll combine the lime juice, jalapeno, honey, mustard, cilantro and parsley, slowly pour the olive oil into the blender. Be sure to taste test the dressing to make sure it is to your liking. You can add more jalapeno for heat or honey if you like it a bit sweeter.
- Finally, we will assemble the pasta salad. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rotini pasta, browned zucchini, black beans, corn, onion, and tomatoes. Pour the cilantro lime dressing on top of these ingredients until the salad is lightly coated in dressing. Gently toss everything together. Finish the salad with feta cheese and some additional fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!