My obsession with chocolate continues! And this organic mint chocolate chip cake is bright, fresh and delicious. Think York Peppermint Patty meets moist, Healthyish cake.
We gently infused our milk with fresh mint over the stove top, which left behind a beautiful herbal milk perfect for baking. From there, we were able to use our perfectly portioned, organic ingredients from our Healthyish Baking Kit and POOF this beauty was born in under 15 minutes.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Serves 1
4 springs of fresh mint
1 cup 2% milk – Only use 2 tablespoons for the cake batter, use the rest for mint tea!
1 tablespoon melted, unsalted butter
1 pouch of organic Richie Rich Chocolate cake mix
1 paper baking cup
1 pouch of organic chocolate frosting
1 pouch of organic dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan pour in one cup of milk and add in the fresh mint. Stir well breaking down the mint leaves. This will allow the mint oil to infuse into the milk. Keep over medium / low heat for 5 minutes.
- Grab your Healthyish Baking Kit and take out 1 pouch of Richie Rich chocolate cake mix, 1 pouch of chocolate frosting, 1 pouch of dark chocolate chips, and 1 paper baking cup.
- Lightly spray your paper baking cup with cooking spray.
- Grab a small mixing bowl (I use a cereal bowl) and melt your butter for 5 – 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Add in the cake mix and 2 tablespoons of mint infused milk. Stir well. Sometimes I will add in an extra teaspoon of milk to make sure the batter spreads easily.
- Pour half of you dark chocolate chips into the batter, saving the second half for the top.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes at 350 degrees. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow the cake to cool for 5ish minutes before frosting. Top with the reserved dark chocolate chips, and a few mint leaves.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish.
Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners.
So, let’s get started!