When it’s too hot for the oven, try this no bake vegan cheesecake! It’s creamy, easy to make, and the tastiest way to cool down this Summer. With a few simple ingredients, you’ll hardly believe how amazing this dessert tastes.
The crust is made from Kartago pitted dates, walnuts, flax meal and a pinch of salt. That’s it! And the cheesecake filling is out of this world good. Plus, the strawberry compote adds that extra layer of sweetness we all crave.
I love desserts like this one so much because they’re made from simple ingredients, and you can feel good about eating them. And this recipe is completely dairy free, grain free, and vegan! It’s the perfect way to end a tasty plant based dinner.
So, give this no bake vegan cheesecake a try!
No Bake Vegan Cheesecake
- spring form pan
- sauce pot
- food processor
- 1 cup dates pitted – about 10-12 dates
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Vegan Cheesecake Filling
- 1.5 cups raw cashews soaked and drained soak your cashews in water for atleast 2-3 hours before using
- 1 can coconut cream 13.5 ounce can – I use Thai Kitchen brand
- 1/3 cup coconut milk creamy thick white layer on the top only
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 4 cups strawberries quartered and destemmed
- 2 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Grab an 8-inch spring form pan and line it with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper lays flat on the bottom of the pan.
- Lightly roast the walnuts in a skillet to help release their aroma and flavor.
- Add the pitted dates, lightly roasted walnuts, flax meal and a pinch of salt to a food processor. Pulse until well blended.
- Pour the crust mixture in the bottom of the spring form pan, and gently press it down to form a crust. I used my hands, but you can use the back of a flat measuring cup too.
- Freeze the crust for 45 minutes.
- Next, you’ll prepare the filling:
- Combine the rinsed, and drained raw cashews, 1 can coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla flavor, and 1/3 cup coconut milk (thick white layer on the top) into a blender. Buzz together until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the frozen crust.
- Cover with foil and freeze for an additional 4 hours.
- Optional Strawberry Compote:
- In a sauce pot combine 4 cups quartered strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water over medium heat. Stir until the strawberries break down and a syrup forms. Continue cooking until you reach your desired thickness.
- Remove from heat, let the compote cool to room temperature and use to top the cheesecake!
- When serving remove the cheesecake from the freezer and let it sit at room temp for 15 minutes before slicing.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!