Even though this recipe is not authentic Parisian cuisine, suffice it to say that this Healthyish quiche will get the job done. Perfect for breakfast or weekend brunch with the girls, these mini vegetarian delights are sure to be a hit. Buttery, flaky pie crust filled with creamy eggs and a variety of tasty veggies and herbs. What’s not to love?
And for the record, store bought pie crust makes a completely respectable quiche crust, don’t let anyone tell you anything different!
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need: Makes 3, five inch quiche
1 Pack of store bought pie crust
3 Organic eggs
3 Tablespoons of 2% milk or cream
½ Large onion
½ Large red pepper
½ Large yellow pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Serves 3
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab 3 mini metal 5″ wide pie pans and spray them with cooking spray. If you do not have mini pie pans then you can use a muffin tin instead.
- Roll out your store-bought pie crust and place the mini pie pans on top. (upside down)
- Cut out enough dough to fill the pie pan, allowing some of the dough to hang over the lip of the pan. This will be used to form the crust. If you do not use enough dough your crust will shrivel up when you par-bake it. So be generous on this step.
- Once you’ve cut out your dough, form a crust on the lip of the pan. You can use your fingers or a fork for this step. Also, be sure to poke a few holes in the dough using a knife. This will prevent it from rising in the center as it par-bakes.
- Place the pie pans in the oven for 15 minutes or until the dough is partially baked.
- As the dough is par-baking, you are going to finely dice your onions, peppers, and chives. Sauté the onions and peppers in some butter just until they are soft. Then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your eggs and milk. Beat well. Once cool, gently stir in your onions, peppers, and chives.
What’s great about quiche is that you can really add anything you like to the egg mixture. So, search the frig and mix-up some of your favorite combinations. Dan loves sausage and cheese, while I’m a fan of the vegetarian, southwest option. But you can really get as creative as you want.
- Once you’ve mixed the veggies and eggs together, you are going to evenly disperse the egg, veggie mixture among the three pie pans. Top with some extra chives and bake for 15 – 20 more minutes or until the filling is firm and the pie crust is lightly browned.
- Pull them from the oven and allow them to rest.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, and jalapenos.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish!
Which means they’ll be lighter on calories. Include healthy, clean ingredients, AND super easy to make. I will also be sharing some fitness tips and self-care practices for beginners.
So, let’s get started!