This Mediterranean platter is loaded with all the classic Greek flavors I love so much. I included everything from pan-roasted honey chicken, lemon chickpea rice loaded with tons of fresh veggies, bright and tangy tzatziki sauce and delicious feta cheese.
It’s perfect for hosting a dinner party with friends or a fun family-style dinner at home. And with so many items to choose from, everyone is sure to find something to nibble on.
- pasta pot
- mixing bowl
- Small bowl
- 1 cup orzo pasta or Banza chickpea rice
- Handful of fresh arugula
- 2 scallions chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup green sliced olives
- ¼ cup black sliced olives
- 1/3 English cucumber and a few extra slices for the platter
- ½ ripe lemon
- 1/3 small white onion diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 oven roasted pitas cut into triangles
Honey Roasted Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pan-roasted chicken breast
- Honey drizzle
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup of English cucumber – peeled and diced small
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves – chopped small or fresh dill
- Boil water and cook your orzo or Banza rice according to the package. Drain off water using a colander and rinse with rice with cold water to stop the cooking. Drizzle a little olive oil over the rice to prevent it from sticking together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your arugula, room temp rice or orzo, diced cucumbers, sliced green, sliced black, and whole pitted kalamata olives, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the juice from ½ of a ripe lemon, diced white onion and salt and pepper to taste. Gently blend everything together.
- Grab a small skillet and add in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pan roast your chicken until it is fully cooked through. Once fully cooked let it rest and cool off. This will help keep the chicken juicy. Once it is cool, slice it into evenly sized pieces and drizzle it with honey. You can also cube the chicken if you prefer.
- Next you’ll make your tzatziki sauce. In a small bowl combine, the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, peeled and diced English cucumbers and fresh mint leaves or dill. Blend well with a spoon.
- Lastly, you will either oven bake or brown your pita on the stove top. Be careful if you use the open flame on the stove top to brown / warm the pita. It can catch flame quickly. Once browned, cut your pita into easy to grab triangles.
- Now you are ready to assemble your platter. Spoon the rice mixture into the middle of the serving dish. Top with the feta cheese. Line your honey roasted chicken on the side of the rice. Next, you’ll add your tzatziki to a small ramekin and place it in the corner of the serving platter. Slice a few extra pieces of English cucumber and place them in the adjacent corner. Finally, tuck a few pieces of pita into the rice mixture, serve and enjoy.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!