Easy Lemon Pepper Shrimp
This easy lemon pepper shrimp with roasted broccoli recipe is light, healthy and delicious. This easy shrimp recipe is perfect any night of the week. It’s loaded with flavor and super delicious. It reminds me of take-out but much healthier and better tasting. Plus, this entire shrimp recipe only takes 30 minutes to make.
About this recipe
This lemon pepper shrimp recipe was so tasty and easy to make. I’m certain you’ll add this to your weekly rotation in no time. The sauce reminds me of a sweet and sour sauce but much lighter. It has the perfect balance of flavor. The shrimp are super tender and taste so good with the fresh lemon and pepper. Add in the crispy, roasted broccoli and this is the perfect meal.
When prepping the shrimp, make sure they are peeled and deveined. You can also remove the tail for easy eating. I left the tail on for photography purposes but you can do what you like. Also, be sure to pat them dry and season them before adding them to the pan. One pound of shrimp is about 20-25 shrimp.
I used Thai basil for this recipe but regular basil will work well too. Feel free to use whatever version you have on-hand. Also, you can use broccoli for this recipe but cauliflower or broccoli rabe would work well too. What’s great about this lemon pepper shrimp recipe is that you can really make it your own.
This recipe makes four light dinner servings. You can serve this dish with rice for a heartier meal. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat on the microwave until heated through. Looking for more shrimp recipes? Try my blackened shrimp taco bowls or my shrimp linguini with roasted red pepper sauce.
Lemon Pepper Shrimp with Roasted Broccoli
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle on broccoli
- ½ cup shallots, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce, store bought is fine
- ¼ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed plus extra for broccoli
- 2 cups broccoli florets, washed , dried and seasoned
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, plus extra to season broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch extra to season broccoli
- baking tray
- saute pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the broccoli florets to a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes making sure to toss them around every 10 minutes for even roasting. You can even broil them for a few extra minutes to get them extra crispy.
- Next, you’ll heat a sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the diced shallots and sliced garlic to the pan. Let them begin to sweat.
- Pat your shrimp dry using a paper towel or clean kitchen towel. Season both sides with salt and 1 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Once the shallots and garlic are translucent, you’ll add the seasoned shrimp into the pan. Let them cook on one side for 2 minutes before turning. Allow the shrimp to cook for 2 minutes on each side before adding the ingredients for the sauce.
- Once the shrimp have cooked for four full minutes, add ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ cup sweet chili sauce, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and add it into the sauté pan with the lemon pepper shrimp.
- Stir everything together and serve immediately.
- Option to top with extra chopped basil or even add some crushed cashews.