Lemon Garlic Shrimp
This lemon garlic shrimp boat is jam packed with flavor and such a fun way to serve a boatload of garlicky, buttery shrimp. Perfect as an appetizer or as a fun weeknight dinner recipe. This easy to make shrimp dish comes together quickly and is so satisfying.
About this Garlic Shrimp Recipe
This lemon garlic shrimp recipe is wonderful because you get a bite of garlic toast with each juicy shrimp. Try adding a side of pasta to make this dish a bit hardier. You can also serve it with a side of roasted broccoli or brussel sprouts for a light and fresh twist.
Avoiding carbs? Try substituting a hallowed out zucchini boat for the garlic butter bread. This will taste great and keeps the recipe on the lighter side. If you do decide to go the zucchini route, try adding my Avocado Tomato Salad to start.
When prepping the shrimp, make sure they are thawed, peeled and deveined. One pound of shrimp is about 20-25 pieces. When prepping the garlic bread, you will want to use a loaf of fresh Italian bread. Slice the loaf in half lengthwise for this recipe. You can wrap and freeze the second half of the loaf. You will want to use a loaf that is at least 12 inches in length so you can fit all of the shrimp in the bread.
This entire recipe comes together in under 40 minutes, making it a great addition to your weekly meal plan. This recipe makes 5 servings. This equates to about 5 shrimp person and 1/5 of the garlic bread. Please see below for more information.
Store any leftover shrimp and garlic bread in an airtight container for three-four days. Reheat in the microwave until warmed through.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Boat
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed, plus extra lemon wedges on the side
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped small
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped small
Garlic Butter and Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread , cut in half lengthwise
- 1 stick soft butter, 1/2 cup
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped small
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 baking trays
- 1 mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Gently spray two baking trays with cooking spray and set them aside.
Prepare the Garlic Butter and Bread
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, minced garlic and parmesan cheese. Season with garlic salt, fresh chopped parsley, pepper and paprika. Mix until smooth.
- Grab a large loaf of Italian bread and cut it in half lengthwise – place half of the loaf open faced on a baking tray. You can wrap and freeze the other half loaf.
- Spread a light coating of garlic butter on the inside of the loaf gently pressing down on the center to form an indent or bowl shape. Any extra garlic butter can be refrigerated. This will depend on the size of your loaf.
- Bake the half loaf of Italian bread in the oven until the butter is melted and the bread is slightly crispy on the edges, about 8-10 minutes. For an extra crispy top, try broiling the loaf for the last 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the Shrimp
- Pat the peeled and deveined shrimp dry and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, shallots, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss everything together until the shrimp are well coated.
- Place the shrimp on the second baking tray and cook them for 8-9 minutes. You’ll want to make sure they are pink in color and fully cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp and gently spoon them into the garlic bread bowl. Top everything with chopped scallions and serve with extra lemon wedges on the side. Serve and enjoy!