Spice up your mornings with this delicious and easy kimchi frittata recipe. Made from simple, healthy ingredients this easy frittata recipe is a tasty way to start the day. Loaded with gut healthy probiotics, veggies, and egg, this breakfast frittata is guaranteed to keep you full and satisfied. What’s great, is that this entire dish takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
About this recipe
If you are new to kimchi, it is essentially cabbage and other vegetables that are fermented and seasoned with a variety of spices. Garlic, ginger, red chili pepper, and scallions are some of the traditional spices used during the fermenting process. Kimchi has a strong aroma and spicy flavor which tastes so delicious. It’s loaded with gut healthy probiotics making this a great addition to any meal. For this recipe, is used Nasoya Brand Kimchi. It is the most authentic I have found so far. As a fun fact, kimchi is the national dish of Korea and is used in a variety of ways. If you’ve never tried it, I highly recommend it.
For this frittata recipe, I used 6-7 large eggs. Make sure to whisk the eggs really well to ensure that they are fluffy when baked. You will also want to use an oven-safe pan so that you can easily transfer the pan from the stovetop to the oven without any issues. This recipe only requires one pan, so cleanup is a breeze.
Top your frittata with extra kimchi and fresh sliced avocado and a few turns of cracked black pepper. Then, plate the frittata on a bed of white rice and sliced cucumbers. The cucumbers are a great addition to this meal because they have a cooling effect after enjoying the kimchi. As a finishing touch, you can also dust the rice and cucumber with some furikake, but toasted sesame seeds would taste great too.
This recipe make six servings. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. Looking for more kimchi recipes? Try my BBQ salmon kimchi tacos or my sticky chicken rice bowls.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, toasted or light will work
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, about 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped and packed in the measuring cup
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped small
- 1 cup kimchi, Nasoya brand
- 6-7 large eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper
- Sliced avocado
- Cooked white rice
- Sliced fresh cucumbers
- 11-inch oven safe pan
- small mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 11-inch oven safe skillet with baking spray.
- Over medium heat, add the sesame oil, sliced red onion, and minced garlic.
- Once the onion begins to soften and the garlic becomes fragrant, add the kimchi, chopped spinach, chopped Italian parsley and some salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Next, you’ll grab a small bowl and whisk the eggs.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the kimchi mixture.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the eggs settle into the veggies.
- Once the egg has settled, place the pan in the oven for 15-18 minutes to finish cooking. The eggs should be fluffy and light in appearance. You do not want a jiggly center.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven. Top the frittata with your favorite toppings and serve with preferred sides.
- I recommend letting the frittata sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing. It is easier to serve when it isn’t too hot.