Keto Snack Board
This keto snack board is loaded with a variety of easy to make keto recipes. With so many choices, this snack board is guaranteed to be a hit. Serve this board as an appetizer for your next gathering, or prepare it as a meal prep item through the week. No matter what, I’m certain that there won’t be any left.
About this recipe
Personally, I do not follow the keto diet. So, when I realized that this snack board was keto, I was surprised. This keto snack board includes, smashed parmesan Brussel sprouts, grilled chicken apples sausage coins, and parmesan black pepper bacon twists. These dipping vessels taste so good with my homemade honey mustard and hummus dip.
Please note, my recipe for honey mustard is NOT a keto recipe since it includes honey. However, I am sure there are some great keto honey mustard recipes or substitutes available. I also used a store bought hummus. However, I dressed it up with Delallo garlic parmesan dipping oil and some toasted pine nuts. This is the same oil I used to brush the Brussel sprouts. It works so well with everything. I highly recommend making the purchase.
Even my husband, Dan who is a “carbovore” loved this tasty keto snack board. He piled up his plate for lunch and was completely satiated after enjoying each recipe. He suggested we add a few additional dips next time. Which got me thinking, that spinach artichoke dip or my pimento cheese dip would both taste great with this snack board as well.
What’s fun is that you can get as creative as you want. You also don’t have to keep it keto. It just worked out this way for this board. Pita chips, crackers, or bell pepper slices would all make great additions to this snack board. Your family can enjoy a little taste of each recipe. With so many choices, everyone is guaranteed to find a few bites they love.
This recipe serves about six to eight people a light appetizer. The nutritional information is listed below. It accounts for all of these recipes and the honey mustard. So, please keep that in mind when calculating this information.
Store any leftovers in their own respective airtight containers. Store everything in the refrigerator. The honey mustard and bacon twists will keep for four to five days. The parmesan brussel sprouts and chicken sausage coins will keep for two to three days.
Keto Snack Board
Smashed parmesan Brussel sprouts
- 1.5 lbs. Brussel sprouts, rinse and remove the stems
- 2 tablespoons garlic parmesan dipping oil, Delallo Foods
- 1 cup grated parmesan
Parmesan black pepper bacon twists
- 1 lb. center cut bacon, Oscar Mayer bacon
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- few turns cracked black pepper
Chicken apple sausage
- 3 links chicken apple sausage, cut into coins, Boars Head
- ½ cup hummus dip, store bough is fine
- 2 teaspoons garlic parmesan dipping oil, Delallo Foods
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Honey mustard (not keto due to honey)
- ½ cup mayonnaise, Hellmann's
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch paprika
- 2 baking trays
- measuring cup for smashing Brussel sprouts
- small non-stick skillet
- 2 mixing bowls – one for bacon one for honey mustard
- 2 small cups for the hummus and honey mustard
Prepare the Brussel sprouts:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a baking tray and spray it with cooking spray.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts in a colander under water.
- Remove the stems using a knife.
- Add the Brussel sprouts to a microwave save bowl.
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes to soften.
- Add the softened Brussel sprouts to the prepared baking tray.
- Using the bottom of a metal measuring cup or drinking glass, gently press the Brussel sprouts until they are flat and well smashed.
- Brush each smashed sprout with the garlic parmesan dipping oil.
- Top each sprout with a healthy pinch of grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the brussels are crispy and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Broil for 30-60 seconds for an extra crispy top.
Prepare the honey mustard:
- In a small bowl combine, mayonnaise, honey, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and a pinch of paprika. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add to a small serving cup. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken sausage links:
- Grab a small non-stick skillet. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Slice the chicken sausage links into coins.
- Add the coins to the pan. Sear the chicken over medium heat. Sear until heated through.
Prepare the parmesan black pepper bacon twists:
- Grab a separate baking tray.
- Add 1 cup of grated parmesan to a small bowl.
- Take one piece of bacon at a time and run it through the cheese. Make sure it is well coated on both sides.
- Twist the parmesan bacon tightly as possible and line it on the baking tray.
- Repeat for all the bacon slices.
- Hit the bacon with a few turns of fresh cracked black pepper before placing the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on one side.
- Turn every 4 minutes after that until cooked to your liking.
- My twists took about 20 minutes in total to cook.
- Place the cooked twists on a paper towel to absorb and excess grease.
- Sprinkle with a little more parmesan and black pepper.
Prepare the hummus:
- Scoop about a ½ cup of plain hummus into a small bowl.
- Drizzle with the garlic parmesan dipping oil.
- Top with some toasted pine buts.
Assemble the snack board:
- Add the crispy Brussel sprouts, twisted bacon, and chicken sausage coins to the platter.
- Place the honey mustard and hummus in a two small cups. Arrange the dips near the proteins.
- Serve and enjoy!