Keto Snack Board
I did a thing. I made a keto snack board (accidentally) that’s to die for. Loaded with several delicious recipes, this snack board is guaranteed to be a hit at you’re next gathering. It also works as a great meal prep item to have on hand for the week ahead. So, if you’re looking for some tasty keto snacks, this recipe is for you.
Personally, I do not follow the keto diet. So, when I realized that this snack board was keto, I was pleasantly surprised. This board includes, smashed parmesan Brussel sprouts, grilled chicken apples sausage coins, and parmesan black pepper bacon twists. These dipping vessels taste so good with my homemade honey mustard and hummus dip.
Please note, my recipe for honey mustard is NOT keto since it includes honey. However, I am sure there are some great keto honey mustard recipes or substitutes available. I also used a store bought hummus. However, I dressed it up with Delallo garlic parmesan dipping oil and some toasted pine nuts. This is the same oil I used to brush the Brussel sprouts. It works so well with everything. I highly recommend making the purchase.
Even my husband, Dan who is a “carbovore” loved this tasty keto snack board. He piled up his plate for lunch and was completely satiated after enjoying each recipe. He suggested we add a few additional dips next time. Which got me thinking, that spinach artichoke dip or my pimento cheese dip would both taste great with this snack board as well.
What’s fun is that you can get as creative as you want. You also don’t have to keep it keto. It just worked out this way for this board. Pita chips, crackers, or bell pepper slices would all make great additions to this snack board. Your family can enjoy a little taste of each recipe. With so many choices, everyone is guaranteed to find a few bites they love.
Keto Snack Board
Smashed parmesan Brussel sprouts
- 1.5 lbs. Brussel sprouts , rinse and remove the stems
- 2 tablespoons Delallo garlic parmesan dipping oil, I used Delallo Foods
- 1 cup grated parmesan
Parmesan black pepper bacon twists
- 1 lb. center cut , I used Oscar Mayer bacon
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- few turns cracked black pepper
Chicken apple sausage
- 3 links chicken apple sausage – cut into coins, I used Boars Head
- ½ cup hummus dip- I used store bought
- 2 teaspoons Delallo garlic parmesan dipping oil, I used Delallo Foods
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Honey mustard (not keto due to honey)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, I used Hellmann's
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch paprika
- 2 baking trays
- measuring cup for smashing Brussel sprouts
- small non-stick skillet
- 2 mixing bowls – one for bacon one for honey mustard
- 2 small cups for the hummus and honey mustard
Prepare the Brussel sprouts:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a baking tray and spray it with cooking spray.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts in a colander under water.
- Remove the stems using a knife.
- Add the Brussel sprouts to a microwave save bowl.
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Brussel sprouts to the prepared baking tray.
- Using the bottom of a metal measuring cup, gently press the Brussel sprouts until they are flat and well smashed.
- Brush each smashed sprout with the garlic parmesan dipping oil.
- Top each sprout with a healthy pinch of grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the brussels are crispy and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Broil for 30-60 seconds for an extra crispy top.
Prepare the honey mustard:
- In a small bowl combine, mayonnaise, honey, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and a pinch of paprika. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add to a small serving cup. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken sausage links:
- Grab a small non-stick skillet. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Slice the chicken sausage links into coins.
- Add the coins to the pan. Sear the chicken over medium heat. Cook until heat through.
Prepare the parmesan black pepper bacon twists:
- Grab a separate baking tray.
- Add 1 cup of grated parmesan to a small bowl.
- Take one piece of bacon at a time and run it through the cheese. Make sure it is well coated on both sides.
- Twist the parmesan bacon tightly as possible and line it on the baking tray.
- Repeat for all the bacon slices.
- Hit the bacon with a few turns of fresh cracked black pepper before placing the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on one side.
- Turn every 4 minutes after that until cooked to your liking.
- My twists took about 20 minutes to bake.
- Place the cooked twists on a paper towel to absorb and excess grease.
- Sprinkle with a little more parmesan and black pepper.
Prepare the hummus:
- Scoop about a ½ cup of plain hummus into a small bowl.
- Drizzle with the garlic parmesan dipping oil.
- Top with some toasted pine buts.
Assemble the snack board:
- Add the crispy Brussel sprouts, twisted bacon, and chicken sausage coins to the platter.
- Place the honey mustard and hummus in a two small cups.
- Arrange them near the protein.
- Serve and enjoy!