Love desserts but don’t want to undo an entire day’s worth of healthy eating? Well this new year you can finally have your cake and eat it too. We’ve put together a list of three desserts that will curb your sweet tooth without derailing your New Year’s diet plan.
These desserts are just what the doctor ordered. And by doctor, I mean psychologist so you don’t go crazy only eating smoothies and veggie bowls. I recently saw the first two recipes on delish.com. They are simple and satisfying so I wanted to pass them along.
These blueberry clusters are the perfect mix of sweet and savory. The flaky sea salt mixed with the dark chocolate and sweet berries is the perfect combination. This recipe is really easy to make and totally satisfying.
What you’ll Need
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 c. blueberries
Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix melted chocolate with coconut oil.
- Spoon a small dollop of chocolate on parchment and top with 4 to 5 blueberries. Drizzle chocolate over blueberries and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze until set, 10 minutes. Serve.
2. Fro-Yo Bites
What You’ll Need
1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. whole milk
2 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. strawberries, quartered
1/2 c. raspberries
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, milk, honey and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In an ice tray, distribute fruit in each of the cube molds.
- Spoon yogurt mixture over fruit, filling molds completely.
- Freeze for 5 hours, or until frozen solid.
This next recipe is perfect for when you are looking for a warm, homemade treat that’s perfectly portioned for one person. The Healthyish Brand Skinny Cake mix is all organic and has only 2G Sugar and 210 Calories!
Personally, I like to add ripe fruit to the batter before baking. It gives the cake mix an extra pop of flavor without adding too many calories. And what’s great is that these mini cakes can be made in under 15 minutes, so baking is a breeze.
3. Healthyish Skinny Cake
What You’ll Need
1 Skinny Cake Mix pouch
1 Tablespoon lightly melted, unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons 2% milk
1 Unbleached baking cup – comes with you baking kit
3 -4 Ripe berries ( optional)
- Grab your Healthyish baking kit and pull out one Skinny Cake mix pouch and one unbleached baking cup.
- Lightly spray your unbleached, biodegradable baking cup with non-stick spray.
- In a small cereal bowl, gently whisk the butter, milk, and Skinny Cake mix together.
- Add in desired fruit or any of the Healthyish toppings (slight calorie increase)
- Bake at 350 for 12 – 14 minutes!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish.
Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners.
So, let’s get started!