Hot Chocolate Cookies
Crispy on the outside with a soft chewy center, these hot chocolate cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Made from a few simple ingredients you can feel good baking a batch of these tasty cookies for your family. Enjoy them warm or at room temperature, either way they are delicious. Just be warned that these cookies will not last long.
My all-time favorite cookie is a peanut butter blossom, but these hot chocolate cookies are a close second. The chocolatey flavor paired with the perfectly crispy edge is hard to beat. Add the mini marshmallows, and you’re in cookie heaven.
I like to enjoy mine while they are still slightly warm. The marshmallows and the center of the cookie are ooey-gooey and oh so good. Top them with some ice cream for the ultimate weekend treat.
I recommend letting the marshmallows get a little stale and firm before using them. They seem to hold up better in the oven if they’ve had a chance to firm up first. You can also try adding chocolate chips or nuts for a fun and Healthyish twist.
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 stick soft butter – room temperature
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 + ¼ cup AP flour, all purpose
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows, to top cookie dough with before baking
- 2 mixing bowls
- baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
Prepare the wet ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cane sugar.
- Next, you’ll beat in the egg using a whisk.
- Then, you’ll add the vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Stir well. Set aside.
Prepare the dry ingredients:
- In a second mixing bowl combine the dry ingredient.
- Whisk together the AP flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Next, you will combine the wet and dry ingredients. Blend until a dough takes form.
- Using your hands, form the dough into balls.
- Place 9 cookie dough balls on the prepared baking tray.
- Gently press the marshmallows into the cookie dough ball right before baking.
- Bake 350 for 10-11 minutes.
- Repeat until all of the cookies are baked. I was able to get 23 cookies from my batch.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.