Honey Sriracha Chicken Cobb
In the mood for a big, delicious salad filled with all the goods? Try this honey sriracha chicken cobb salad. The chicken is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. It has a crispy outside and tender juicy center. Pair it with all of fresh veggies and crisp lettuce and you are in for one delicious lunch or dinner.
This honey sriracha chicken cobb salad is loaded up with veggies. It includes a little bit of everything. Black olives, sliced egg, avocados, cucumbers, the list goes on and on. What’s great, is that you can add whatever vegetables or fruits you like. In addition to the crumbled blue cheese, there is a light drizzle of yogurt ranch dressing on top as well. This adds an extra layer of creamy goodness that we all love.
Enjoy this salad with a crisp white wine, like sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio. For a non-alcoholic beverage, try a tart lemonade. What’s better than sitting outside, enjoying a delicious meal and sipping on your favorite beverage? Sounds pretty perfect if you ask me!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Cobb
- 1 lb. Smart Chicken Tenderloin , about 8 pieces boneless skinless
- 1 cup ap flour , all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying , you can also use an air fryer if you prefer
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sriracha
- ½ cup salted butter, 1 stick
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , washed and chopped
- 2 small or 1 large tomato , cut into wedges
- 5-6 slices crispy bacon, cooked
- ½ cup English cucumbers, sliced evenly
- 2 hard-boiled eggs , cut in halves
- ½ cup black sliced olives
- ½ large avocado , sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Drizzle creamy yogurt ranch dressing
- baking tray
- 3 plates for breading chicken
- 11-inch saucepan
- mixing bowl
Prepare the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grab a baking tray and set it aside.
- Let the chicken sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes before breading.
- Grab three plates. One the first plate, combine the ap flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika and dried mustard powder. Mix well.
- One the second plate, add two whisked eggs.
- Begin by dredging the chicken tenderloins through the flour.
- Next, you’ll dredge them through the whisked egg and then back through the flour again. So it goes, flour, egg, flour. Repeat until all of the chicken is breaded.
- Place the breaded pieces on the third plate.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium / high heat in an 11-inch sauté pan.
- Once the oil is hot, or reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit, you can begin to carefully lower 2-3 pieces of chicken into the oil.
- Flip the chicken after a few minutes. Once it is golden brown on both sides, place it on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Repeat until all of the chicken is crispy.
- Next, we will place the chicken on the baking tray and cook it in the oven for 10 more minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. And set it aside.
Prepare the honey sriracha sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, sriracha, honey, soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Once the sauce is well combined, turn the heat down to a simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Toss the fried chicken in a bowl with the honey sriracha sauce. Make sure the chicken is well coated.
Prepare the salad:
- Grab a platter. Add the washed and chopped iceberg lettuce to the platter.
- Next add the tomatoes wedges, crispy bacon slices, and honey sriracha chicken.
- Tuck in the cucumber slices and avocado slices on the side. Nestle in the halved eggs.
- Top everything with the sliced black olives, crumbles blue cheese, and a drizzle of yogurt ranch.
- Serve and enjoy!