Love dessert but hate being tempted by leftovers? At Healthyish Foods we totally agree, and that’s why we’ve crafted this perfectly portioned, Banana Cake recipe for one person. And while all of our Healthyish Brand Dessert recipes are crafted for one person, this Banana Cake recipe is one of our favorites! In fact, it’s so good it will make you feel like you are sitting at your Grandma’s kitchen table. And let’s be honest, it doesn’t get much better than that!
So let’s get started,
What You’ll Need:
1 pouch of Healthyish Vanilla Bean Cake Mix
1 pack of Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tablespoon melted, unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons 2% Milk
1/3 of a small to medium sized RIPE banana
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 Unbleached, paper baking cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 12 – 14 minutes Total Time: 17 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- First, you are going to grab one pouch of vanilla bean cake mix and one pack of dark chocolate chips from your Healthyish Baking Kit.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the cake mix, butter, and milk together. Gently whisk.
- In a separate bowl, smash your banana. Once well smashed, gently whisk the banana into your Healthyish cake batter.
- Next, you are going to fold in about half of your dark chocolate chips. Save the other half for the top of the mini cake.
- Grab one unbleached, paper baking cup from your Healthyish baking kit. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into the paper baking cup.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Finish the cake by adding the remaining chocolate chips and a drizzle of melted peanut butter to the top!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish!
Which means they’ll be lighter on calories. Include healthy, clean ingredients, AND super easy to make. I will also be sharing some fitness tips and self-care practices for beginners.
So, let’s get started!