Easy Zucchini Pie
Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this easy zucchini pie is the ultimate summer recipe. It’s light, healthy and jam packed with flavor. Made from a few simple ingredients, this easy zucchini pie recipe comes together in under 40 minutes too. Perfect for weekday meal prep or a delicious brunch item.
About this recipe
Honestly, this might be one of my favorite Healthyish recipes of all time. Zucchini is in season and it tastes so great with the light flaky crust and salty cheese. Enjoy this zucchini pie recipe alongside my sour cream coffee cake loaf or my protein packed egg muffins for the perfect brunch menu.
When prepping the zucchini be sure to use a mandoline. This tool will ensure that all of the zucchini is the same thickness. You will want the zucchini to be about 1/8 inch thick. Once all of the zucchini is sliced add it to a paper towel to press out any excess moisture.
Add the zucchini to the saute pan with the butter, onions, spices and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes only. You do not want the zucchini to get too soft or it will be mushy once it bakes. Let the zucchini mixture cool down before you combine it with the eggs and cheese. Otherwise, the hot veggies could cook the egg and it will change the texture of this dish.
If the crust begins to get to brown when baking, simply cover the crust with foil, leaving the center exposed. This will stop the browning and allow the rest of the dish to continue cooking.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for three to four days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. This recipe makes 8-9 slices. Please see below for the nutritional information.
Healthyish Zucchini Pie
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls, 8 pack
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup white onion, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 4.5 cups zucchini, about 7 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, extra for the top
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- saute pan
- glass pie dish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab a 10-inch glass pie dish and line it with the crescent rolls. No need to grease the dish. Set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/8 inch thick slices using the mandoline. Press out any excess moisture using a paper towel.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat add the butter, garlic, diced onions and thinly sliced zucchini.
- Season the zucchini mixture with salt, pepper, oregano, and dried parsley. Stir until everything is well coated. Cook the onions, garlic and zucchini FOR 10 MINUTES only.
- While the veggies are softening, grab a mixing bowl and whisk your eggs.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese into the whisked egg. Stir until well combined.
- Once the zucchini mixture is tender, but not hot, add it into the egg and cheese mixture. Stir well.
- Pour everything into the pie dish lined with the crescent rolls.
- Top with some extra mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- If the crust begins to brown, simply use foil to cover the crust.
- I broiled mine for an additional 2 minutes to get the cheese extra crispy on top!
- Wait 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm and enjoy!