Perfect for breakfast or brunch this Healthyish zucchini pie is the ultimate Summer recipe. It’s light, healthy and jam packed with flavor. Made from a few simple ingredients, this recipe comes together in under 40 minutes too!
Honestly, this might be one of my favorite Healthyish recipes of all time. Currently, zucchini is in season and it tastes so great with the light flaky crust and salty cheese. Enjoy this Healthyish zucchini pie with a slice of my sour cream coffee cake loaf or my protein packed egg muffins for the perfect brunch menu!
Healthyish Zucchini Pie
- saute pan
- glass pie dish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup white or yellow onion diced small
- 3 cloves of garlic minced about 1 tablespoon
- 7 small zucchini sliced thin- I used a mandoline to ensure evenly-sized slices. 4.5 cups
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese extra for the top
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tube of crescent rolls 8 pack
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab a 10-inch glass pie dish and line it with the crescent rolls. No need to grease the dish. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat add the butter, garlic, diced onions and thinly sliced zucchini. ** I used a mandoline to slice my zucchini to about 1/8-inch slices. This will help the zucchini to cook evenly. **
- Season the zucchini mixture with salt, pepper, oregano, and dried parsley. Stir until everything is well coated. Cook the onions, garlic and zucchini FOR 10 MINUTES only.
- While the veggies are getting tender, grab a mixing bowl and whisk your eggs.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese into the wihsked egg. Stir until well combined.
- Once the zucchini mixture is tender, add it into the egg and cheese mixture. Stir well.
- Pour everything into the pie dish lined with the crescent rolls.
- Top with some extra mozzarella cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- If the crust begins to brown, simply use foil to cover the crust.
- I broiled mine for an additional 2 minutes to get the cheese extra crispy on top!
- Wait 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!