This 30-minute Healthyish Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita recipe is so simple and delicious that you will instantly fall in love.
What makes this recipe even better is that it is made entirely from healthy ingredients. So, you can feel good feeding this dish to your family.
To mix things up a bit, try adding a smear of flavored hummus to your tortilla for extra flavor. I like using Blue Moose of Boulder’s Green Chili or Lime Black Bean Hummus. Their products have great flavor and are certified organic! Which you know I’m obsessed with.
And to give this dinner a proper dose of “ish” mix up a Healthyish Margarita using,
- 1 ounce of your favorite tequila, (blanco)
- 1 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce of Cointreau
- and a splash of orange juice and pour over ice.
- Salt the rim and enjoy!
What you’ll need: Serves 2
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 small white onion
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 1 ripe lime
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a sheet pan
- Slice down your peppers, onion, and a few slices of the jalapeno. (Medium sized slices for the peppers, and thin slices for the onion and jalapeño)
- Place all of the veggies on one side of the sheet pan. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grab your chicken breast and thinly slice it. Place it on the other side of your sheet pan.
- Pour the cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder on top of the chicken.
- Mix it well using your hands.
- Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top of the chicken, and toss it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the chicken out evenly on the left side of the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 350.
- Pull the sheet pan from the oven and squeeze the juice from 1 lime over everything. Chop the green onion into small slices and gently sprinkle the onion over the chicken and veggies.
- Finish with some chopped cilantro, and fresh jalapeno.
- Serve with soft tortillas and extra slices of lime.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish.
Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners.
So, let’s get started!