When the craving strikes these Healthyish banana, nut butter cakes are the perfect fix! They are super easy to make, perfectly portioned for one, and loaded with flavor. I made two versions to see what I would like best, but they were so good that I still can’t decide!
For these mini cakes, I tested out two of Nut Butter Nations products; the Honey Vanilla nut butter and the Salted Caramel. (insert drool face) And seriously guys, if you haven’t tried this nut butter yet, you are missing out in a major way. These nut butters are great on toast but also bake really well! And let’s face it, is there really anything better than chocolate, nut butter, and banana combined in one amazing dessert?
So, let’s get started!
What you’ll need: Serves 2
1 small ripe banana
2 tablespoons of lightly meted unsalted butter
4 tablespoons of 2% milk
½ tablespoon of honey vanilla nut butter
½ tablespoon of salted caramel nut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab 2 paper baking cups from your Healthyish baking kit and lightly spray them with baking spray.
- Grab 2 small mixing bowls (I use cereal bowls) and a whisk.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in each bowl.
- Go to your Healthyish baking kit and pull out 2 pouches of organic cake mix. I used vanilla bean and chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate cake mix in one bowl, and the vanilla bean cake mix in the other.
- Add 2 tablespoons to milk to each bowl. Whisk well.
- Take 2 tablespoons of smashed ripe banana and split it among the chocolate and vanilla bean cake mix. Blend well.
- Next, I pour the cake batter into the paper baking cups.
- ***At no point should the cake batter fill more than ¾ of the paper baking cup. Otherwise, it will overflow in the oven. So, if you feel that you have too much batter, take a bit out to prevent a messy situation.***
- Finally, you will take your Nut Butter Nation, nut butter and lightly drizzle it into the batter. I used the salted caramel for the chocolate batter, and the honey vanilla for the vanilla batter.
- Bake at 350 for 12- 14 minutes.
- My mini cakes took closer to 14 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and top with organic dark chocolate chips from your organic baking kit. I also drizzled a little more nut butter on mine.
Serve and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish!
Which means they’ll be lighter on calories. Include healthy, clean ingredients, AND super easy to make. I will also be sharing some fitness tips and self-care practices for beginners.
So, let’s get started!