Looking for a tasty, low carb breakfast that will keep you full throughout the morning? Then these gluten-free egg roll-ups are what you’ve been looking for.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can really make it your own. Load in your favorite sautéed veggies, choice of protein, cheese and greens and this roll-up is ready to go.
Enjoy it at home or on the run, but just make sure you can actually roll it closed. Haha
So, Let’s Get started!
What You’ll Need – Makes 1 Roll-Up
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small sweet onion
- Handful of leafy greens
- Cheese – optional
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons of milk. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll want to peel and dice you sweet potato into small cubes.
- Then, you’ll want to do the same thing with the onion. Dice it into small evenly sized pieces. I only used about half of my onion but you can use as much or as little as you like.
- Combine the sweet potato and onion in a small frying pan and cook the hash until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Next, you’ll grab a large nonstick square griddle with a lip (typically used for pancakes) and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg onto the pan and cook over medium to low heat.
- (Tilt the pan from side to side to make sure that the egg is evenly distributed across the pan.)
- You will see the egg begin to lightly bubble, that’s when you’ll know it is safe to flip the egg sheet over, using a large spatula.
- Once you flip the egg sheet over, you can turn off the heat. Let the egg sheet cool before you begin to assemble your roll-up.
- Next, you’ll place the egg sheet on plate and begin adding in your favorite ingredients.
For this recipe, I added greens, a dollop of yogurt, sweet potato onion hash, and finished it with some fresh chopped chives.
- Once all of the ingredients are loaded onto on your egg sheet, you will begin to gently roll the egg sheet from one side to the other. Similar to how a burrito is rolled.
- Top with your favorite salsa or sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!