I developed this recipe probably 7 or 8 years ago and it has become one of my favorite “go to’s” for salads, kabobs, and pretty much anything grilled.
This recipe is super simple yet has a ton of flavor. Most recently, I used it to finish a vegetarian southwest salad. (pictured below) The salad had fresh, crispy romaine lettuce, avocado, corn, black beans, and salt and pepper to taste.
Alternatively, you can add some crispy bacon, tomatoes, or even tortilla strips for a little extra texture and protein. But honestly, this cilantro lime dressing is so tasty you won’t need to add many ingredients.
- 5 medium sized – ripe limes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bushel of cilantro
- 1 bushel or fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons of honey
- 4-6 tablespoons of olive oil
Healthyish Cilantro Lime Dressing Instructions: Serves 6 – 8
- Cut and squeeze the juice of 5 medium sized Limes into your blender.
- Next, you will add 1/2 of your Jalapeno to the blender. (You can leave the jalapeno out of the recipe or add more, whatever you prefer).
- Add about a half bushel of cilantro (stem free) to the blender.
- Add about a handful of the fresh parsley (stem fee).
- Spoon in 1.5 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard – begin to blend everything together.
- As everything is blending, slowly pour in your olive oil.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and free of any cilantro / parsley pieces. This dressing should last about 4 – 5 days sealed in the refrigerator.
Feel free to tweak it to your liking. That’s what makes this recipe so great, you can really make it your own.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a home cook, recipe developer and the creator of the brand, Healthyish®. Sarah believes that living Healthyish® is a lifestyle centered around the 80/20 rule. Her beliefs are directly reflected in her recipes which are mostly plant-based. (but sometimes not) Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!