Next week is Thanksgiving and I have full intentions of enjoying all of the classic holiday dishes. Foods like, sweet potato casserole, homemade stuffing with gravy, and let’s not forget canned cranberry sauce. (which canned cranberry is by far the best, no question. I will fight you haha)
And while I love Thanksgiving and all of the food that comes with it, I also try to keep a balanced diet by eating super clean meals the week leading up to the big feast. And this simple salad is so delicious you will forget how healthy it really is.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 package of fresh dill
- 1 package of fresh Italian parsley
- Fresh chives
- Fresh peas shoots
- Shaved parmesan
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Give you butter lettuce and romaine lettuce a rough chop. Add it to a mixing bowl
- Next, you’ll roughly chop your parsley and dill. Add it to the bowl
- Finely chop your chives into small pieces. Add them to the bowl
- Toss everything together
- Finally, you will sprinkle a handful of your pea shoots over the top of the greens
- Finish with freshly shaved parmesan and homemade dressing
- Serve immediately after adding the dressing
In a small bowl add together all of your ingredients. I like to use a good amount of pepper because I love the taste, but you can add as much or as little as you desire. Whisk the dressing together and lightly drizzle it over the salad. For a sweeter dressing try adding in a touch of honey!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here. Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish! Which means they’ll be lighter on calories. Include healthy, clean ingredients, AND super easy to make. I will also be sharing some fitness tips and self-care practices for beginners. So, let’s get started! XOXO