Next week is Thanksgiving and I have full intentions of enjoying all of the classic holiday dishes. Foods like, sweet potato casserole, homemade stuffing with gravy, and let’s not forget canned cranberry sauce. (which canned cranberry is by far the best, no question. hehe)
And while I love Thanksgiving and all of the food that comes with it, I also try to keep a balanced diet by eating super clean meals the week leading up to the big feast. And this simple salad is so delicious you will be shocked by how healthy and light it is.
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 package of fresh dill
- 1 package of fresh Italian parsley
- Fresh chives
- Fresh peas shoots
- Shaved parmesan
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Clean your lettuce. Give you butter lettuce and romaine lettuce a rough chop. Add it to a mixing bowl.
- Next, you’ll roughly chop your parsley and dill. Add it to the bowl with the lettuce.
- Finely chop your chives into small pieces. Add them to the bowl as well.
- Toss everything together!
- Finally, you will sprinkle a handful of your pea shoots over the top of the greens
- Finish with freshly shaved parmesan and a light drizzle of homemade lemon dressing.
- Serve immediately after adding the dressing.
In a small bowl add together all of your ingredients. I like to use a good amount of pepper because I love the taste, but you can add as much or as little as you desire. Whisk the dressing together and lightly drizzle it over the salad. For a sweeter dressing try adding in a touch of honey!
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughSarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!