I’ve had a love hate relationship with thick soups for a long time. While I love the creamy texture and heartiness, I hate all of the calories that typically comes with it.
That’s why I began stirring up my own concoctions. And while this Roasted Cauliflower Soup is more “Healthy” than “Ish” it does not disappoint. It is loaded with veggies and if you omit the butter it is also dairy free!
So, let’s get this low-calorie bowl of deliciousness underway,
What You’ll Need: Serves 3 – 4
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 medium Yukon potatoes
- 3.5 cups veggie stock
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1/2 large white onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 table spoons olive oil
- Bacon (optional garnish)
- Crispy brussel sprouts (optional garnish)
Prep Time 15 minutes : Cook Time 25 minutes : Total Time 40 minutes
- Coat a large sauté pan with the oil and butter. Peel and dice your potatoes into small squares. Be sure to rinse the squares in cold water before adding them to your pan. This will help get rid of any extra starch.
- Roughly chop up the onion and cauliflower florets, add them to the pan.
- Stir in your garlic paste and a 1 cup of veggie stock.
- Let everything cook in the pan until it is soft. About 20 minutes.
- Once everything is soft, add in 2 more cups of veggie stock. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, you are going to add everything to your Vitamix, pouring the liquid in last. Be careful because the steam will come up from the blender. Blend well.
- Pour the soup back into a sauce pot on your stove. Add in the last ½ cup of veggie stock and stir.
- Serve immediately!
- Garnish with leftover roasted cauliflower florets, bacon, and crispy brussel sprouts.
*If the soup thickens up too much you can add more veggie stock to thin it out.
*DO NOT leave the soup over heat. It will reduce the soup to a paste-like texture vs a creamy texture.
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Welcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here.
Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish.
Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners.
So, let’s get started!