Nothing screams holidays like fresh cranberries! They’re tart in flavor and brighten any dish or cocktail with their festive red color.
Which is why this gluten free cranberry chocolate chip bread is the perfect holiday treat! Enjoy for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, or as a dessert with a dollop of vanilla bean ice cream. No matter how you slice it, this bread is a winner!
OH and fresh cranberries are known to help naturally prevent UTI’s (urinary tract infections). Ladies, as if we need another reason to bake this recipe! You feel me?
So, Let’s get started!
What you’ll need: Makes 1 loaf
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- tons of chocolate chips
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a small bowl and using a fork and combine the oats, brown sugar and butter together. Sprinkle over the batter before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat the paper with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Which includes, gluten free flour, salt, and baking powder – set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine your wet ingredients. Which includes, 2 large eggs, vanilla flavoring, light brown sugar, cane sugar milk, and vegetable oil. Mix using a hand mixer.
- Once well blended, combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Whisk well.
- Gently fold your fresh cranberries and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45 – 50 minutes at 350 degrees or until fully cooked in the center.
- If your streusel topping is getting too dark, cover with the loaf with foil to prevent excess browning.
Author: Sarah Thomas-DrawbaughWelcome to Healthyish! I am so glad you’re here. Together we will reinvent classic recipes and make them Healthyish. Which means they’ll include light, healthy and clean ingredients that your body will crave (with the occasional ISH). I will also be sharing some fitness and self-care tips for beginners. So, let’s get started! XOXO