This simple pancake recipe calls for 6 ingredients and is much lighter than you would expect! It’s loaded with protein, and anti-inflammatory flax seeds. It’s SO healthy and filling you’ll hardly notice that this recipe is flour-free.
Perfect for brunch these pancakes make a delicious addition to any Mother’s Day menu. As an added bonus, most of these items are pantry staples so you will not need to purchase a bunch of expensive ingredients.
Leave the guilt at the door because this Healthyish recipe is the newest way to get your pancake fix!
So, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need – Makes 2 medium sized pancakes
1 ripe medium sized banana
1 tablespoon flax seeds (ground)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch cinnamon
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Be sure to spray it with baking spray.
- Next, grab a small mixing bowl and combine the egg, smashed banana, cinnamon, flax seeds and vanilla flavoring. I like to use a fork because it helps break down the banana.
- Once everything is well blended, gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the pan making 2 -3 evenly sized pancakes.
- Let them cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!!
Author: Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh
Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer, fitness junkie and owner of the Healthyish brand. She loves taking everyday eats and making them Healthyish. Sarah defines being Healthyish as a lifestyle centered around living light, fit and fun with a healthy dose of “ISH” from time to time. Sarah’s work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital). Sarah lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!