Pineapple Chicken Lettuce Cups
This pineapple chicken lettuce cups recipe is easy to make, incredibly delicious and can be eaten with your hands. Simply grab a piece of butter lettuce, fill it with all of the goodies and enjoy. These pineapple chicken lettuce cups are such a fun weeknight meal. Your family will definitely have fun making and enjoying this lettuce cup recipe for dinner or as a tasty appetizer.
About this Pineapple Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
When prepping the chicken for this recipe, you will want to let it rest at room temp for 15-20 minutes before seasoning it and adding it to the prepared grill. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the chicken rest before cubing it or slicing it. This will help lock in the juices. You can also cook the chicken in a pan on the stovetop. Whatever is easier.
For this pineapple chicken lettuce cups recipe, I grilled my pineapple and corn. Be sure to peel the pineapple and remove the top before slicing it into 1/2 inch thick slices. You can leave the core in the center of the pineapple when grilling. Grill the pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side or until you have beautiful grill marks. Dice the pineapple into small pieces once it is grilled. You can remove the hard core at this time.
When grilling the corn for the lettuce cups, add the corn to the grill for about 10 minutes. Turn the corn frequently to prevent burning. Once the corn has cooled, carefully remove the kernels from the cob. When preparing the jalapeno, you will want to remove the seeds and veins from the center of the jalapeno before dicing. This will help prevent the jalapeno from being too spicy.
This chicken lettuce cups recipe makes 6 light servings. Please see below for nutritional information. Also, please leave a review if you enjoy this recipe.
Store any leftover chicken lettuce cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. Store the dressing in a separate container for up to five days. Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Try my mini chicken meatball parmesan burgers.
Pineapple Chicken Lettuce Cups
Chicken lettuce cups
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, pan seared or grilled, cut into cubes or sliced
- salt and pepper, season the chicken
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and dried
- ½ cup red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¾ cup pineapple, diced small, option to grill
- ¾ cup corn kernels, fresh boiled or grilled corn, remove from cob
- ½ cup English cucumber, sliced thin or diced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños, diced small
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cashews, crushed small
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped as garnish
Sesame Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 serving platter
- 1 saute pan
- 1 gas grill
- Preheat the gas grill to 350-400 degrees. Brush the grates with oil to prevent sticking.
Prepare the Dressing
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, poppy seeds, toasted sesame seeds, and dry onion flakes. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
Prepare the Chicken
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place them on the grill.
- Grill for 6-7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 165 degree Fahrenheit. Once cooked through, set aside to rest and cool.
Prepare the Grilled Pineapple and Corn
- Cut the pineapple into rounds, make sure to remove the outer peel and top. You'll want the pineapple to be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Husk the corn.
- Brush the grill with oil, and place the corn and the pineapple on the grill. Cook the pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side. The corn will need 10 minutes. Be sure to turn the corn every few minutes. Remove from the grill to cool.
Combine the Pineapple Salsa
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn kernels, diced jalapeno, sweet onion, diced pineapple, red bell pepper, lime juice, and cucumber. Toss until well combined. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Arrange the butter lettuce cups on a large platter.
- Add the cubed chicken and pineapple salsa. Top with crushed cashews and scallions. Serve with the dressing on the side.
One Comment on “Pineapple Chicken Lettuce Cups”
Another winner! Great combination of flavors!