Grilled Peach Salad
It’s that time of year when Georgia peaches are at their prime. What better way to enjoy them, than in a grilled peach salad? Perfect for those hot nights when you want something light and refreshing for dinner. Plus, this grilled peach salad recipe is made from simple, healthy ingredients. So, it comes together very quickly, which is always a win.
About this recipe
If you’ve never grilled peaches, you have to try this grilled peach salad recipe. Grilling the peaches brings out their natural sugars and creates a char that tastes so good. Perfect for summer, this easy to make salad is guaranteed to be a hit.
When selecting peaches for grilling, always use firm peaches. You’ll want the peaches to be firm to the touch because that means they are not overly ripe. Overly ripe peaches have too much sugar in them, which means they will quickly burn on the grill.
To prepare the peaches for grilling, simply half and pit the peaches. Brush the inside with olive oil before placing them cut side down on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes at 350-400 degrees before flipping. Allow the peaches to cool before adding them to the salad. Otherwise, they will wilt the arugula. This recipe makes 6 light servings. Perfect for hot summer nights when you want a healthy salad recipe.
Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two to three days. Store any leftover dressing separately if possible. It will also need to be in an airtight container and refrigerated. Dressing will last five to six days. Looking for more salad recipe ideas? Try my toasted pine nut and cherry salad or my ditalini pasta salad.
Grilled Peach Salad
- 4-5 cups arugula
- 6-8 peaches, Georgia peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to brush the peaches before grilling
- 1 cup candied pecans, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup crumbled parmesan cheese infused with rosemary , or another hard salty cheese will work too
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the gas grill to 350-400 degrees.
- Brush the peaches with olive oil and place them directly on the grill. Cut side down.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes before flipping.
- Remove peaches from the grill and set aside to cool.
Assemble the salad:
- Grab a large platter and add fresh arugula.
- Next, add the grilled peaches. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before placing them on the arugula.
- Add the crumbled cheese, and candied pecans.
- Finally, drizzle the salad with the homemade dressing. Use as much or as little as you like.
One Comment on “Grilled Peach Salad”
I made a single serving for lunch and it turned out so good!!