Easy Curry Chicken Salad
Keep things flavorful, light and healthy with this easy curry chicken salad. Made from simple ingredients, this curry chicken salad recipe will keep you full and satisfied. Add it to salad, tuck it inside of a wrap, or enjoy it with a few crackers. Any way you fix it, it’s going to be delicious.
What’s great, is that this curry chicken salad recipe is high protein and low sodium. Perfect as a healthy lunch option through the week or as an easy to make dinner. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy chilled.
This recipe post is sponsored by Smart Chicken. I was compensated for my time, however, all opinions are my own.
About Smart Chicken
For this recipe, I used Smart Chicken’s organic boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you’re new to the Healthyish community, then you should know that Smart Chicken is the reason I started eating meat again after 9 years.
Smart Chicken is raised and processed with attention to detail every step of the way. Their chickens are fed a high-quality diet, humanely handled, and never given antibiotics, hormones, or animal by-products. All Smart Chicken is pure air chilled, without added water. The result is the best-tasting, highest-quality fresh chicken on the market.
What’s inside this Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken – Be sure to use boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Boil a pot of water and cook the chicken for 15 minutes or until the center reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the chicken from the water, allow it to cool, and cube it into bite-sized pieces.
Vegetables, Fruits, and Herbs – For this recipe, you’ll want to use white onion, celery, and seedless red grapes. Gently fold the grapes in at the end so they do not break apart. Top the chicken salad with toasted almonds, green onion, and fresh cilantro.
Dressing – Combine 0% Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, yellow curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix the dressing well before adding any other ingredients.
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
Boil a pot of water and add the chicken breasts.
Boil for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the chicken from the water and let it cool.
Cube the chicken and set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, yellow curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
Next, add the diced white onion, sliced celery, and cubed chicken.
Then, gently fold in the sliced seedless red grapes.
Top everything with toasted almonds, chopped green onions, and fresh cilantro.
Store any leftover chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four to five days. Enjoy chilled. Looking for more recipes?
Easy Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boiled and cubed into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup celery, sliced small
- ½ cup red grapes, seedless, sliced in half
- ¼ cup white onion, peel, diced small
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons 0% Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow curry powder, depending on how much flavor you want
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, remove stems and roughly chop
- 1 pot
- 1 mixing bowl
- Boil a pot of water and add the chicken breasts.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the water and let it cool.
- Cube the chicken and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, yellow curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Next, add the diced white onion, sliced celery, and cubed chicken. Toss until well combined.
- Then, gently fold in the sliced seedless red grapes.
- Top everything with toasted almonds, chopped green onions, and fresh cilantro.