Easy Cucumber Mango Salad
Bright, fresh and delicious, this easy cucumber mango salad is loaded with flavor. Perfect for warm summer nights when you want a light yet satisfying salad recipe. This salad checks all the boxes. Made from a few simple healthy ingredients, I can guarantee you’ll enjoy this salad time and time again.
What’s great is that this entire cucumber mango salad recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Perfect any night of the week, your family and friends will love this healthy recipe.
About this recipe
For this easy cucumber mango salad, I made a tasty lemon vinaigrette dressing. The tangy lemon tastes so good with the sweet mango, crunchy cucumbers, and creamy avocado. Try adding grilled salmon, shrimp or chicken for an extra kick of protein. To keep this recipe vegan, skip the honey or use maple syrup in the dressing. Try topping this salad with grilled tofu skewers for a heartier meal.
Fresh herbs are always a great way to enhance any recipe. For this salad, I added some freshly chopped cilantro. If you are not a fan of cilantro, I’d suggest fresh chopped basil or even freshly chopped mint would taste amazing. If you prefer, you can do a combination of fresh herbs too.
Additionally, if you do not have a mango on hand, you can try fresh peaches instead. Juicy peaches would taste great with this salad combination. So, feel free to get creative. Lastly, I added some roughly chopped cashew to my salad. However, chopped peanuts would taste delicious too.
Store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s best to add the dressing right before you enjoy it. This way the salad doesn’t wilt or get soggy from the dressing. You can store any leftover dressing in a small airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Easy Cucumber Mango Salad
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cucumber Mango Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce , wash and dry
- 1 large ripe mango, peel and slice thin
- 1 large large avocado, peel, remove pit and slice thin
- 1 English cucumber , slice into ½ inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cashews
- Salt and pepper to taste
- serving platter
- small mixing bowl for the dressing
- Grab a serving platter and add the washed butter lettuce to the bottom of the platter.
- Nestle the mango slices, cucumber slices, and avocado into the lettuce.
- Top with chopped cashews, fresh chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette salad dressing. Serve and enjoy.